1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Gaming audio questions ! H58X vs HD600? GSX1000 vs Arc?

1. Sentenex
    Hey there head-fi group... So I’ve been looking to enter the audiophile world but I am seriously confused on where to go next... For starters, I purchased HD600 and 58X ; 58X for gaming and the 600 for music. Now, I have a pretty solid motherboard (Maximus Hero X) which is said to have a built in DAC . Checking my optical output I can use audio up to 24bit/192kh . I’m currently looking for best audio while keeping amazing surroundsound for gaming. I’m torn between amps, amp/dac combos, and the ignorance I have for using my onboard DAC and knowing if its good ... I’ve been looking at Mayflower Arc , GSX 1000, and o2combo . I primarily am looking for gaming but I do love my music. Should I be using my motherboard DAC instead if an external, and I would love opinions on the arc vs the gsx 1000... My latest pair of headphones was a gaming headset that came with an external dac (Steelseries Arctis pro + dac)

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018