Gamer oriented headphones/set
Dec 13, 2008 at 6:45 AM Post #31 of 51
LOL. There are uneducated people everywhere in the world. I bet we go to the countryside of many different countries and we will meet people who have no idea where the Portugal is on the map.

But most American people who have had a decent education and graduated from high school will know where most European countries are located.

Dec 13, 2008 at 8:12 AM Post #32 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL. There are uneducated people everywhere in the world. I bet we go to the countryside of many different countries and we will meet people who have no idea where the Portugal is on the map.

But most American people who have had a decent education and graduated from high school will know where most European countries are located.

Americans have the worst education in the civilized world, that's a fact. Look it up if you don't believe me. While some are obviously intelligent once in a while you hear about an idiot like quoted below that shows clearly where the stereotype comes from.

Quote:

Originally Posted by slowfreight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually, most Americans don't really care where Potugal is...

Actually, if you're talking about "most" and "average", then "most" Americans don't even know where their own state is located on a US map and are blindly ignorant about the rest of the world. This really helps to fuel the reason why most of the world thinks Americans are idiots.

Dec 13, 2008 at 4:28 PM Post #33 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shark00n /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry, Portugal (You're americans, probably don't know where it is, it's next to Spain, in Europe)

I'd like to say you're wrong, but you're absolutely right. Even here at my university, it's incredible how ignorant my fellow students can be of places outside of (or sometimes within) the US.

Anyway, back to the matter at hand. I own the DT770-80s and they have been great for gaming. In my experience they do benefit a lot from amping, but it isn't strictly necessary. I've used them for a lot of different games including CS:S. They sound great for everything, are durable, don't leak noise, provide excellent isolation, and they are extremely comfortable. Also, they are within your price range (I got mine new for $200 USD). I'm sure there are other excellent choices out there, but I don't think you would be disappointed with the beyers.

Additionally, keep in mind that technology like EAX could help a lot, though I've never had a chance to use it. If you want your audio to give you an edge, these are all things you should look into.

And here's a link to what is pretty much the ultimate in gaming audio solutions: beyerdynamic Shop*-*Headzone Game

Dec 13, 2008 at 11:23 PM Post #34 of 51
This isn't an idiocy, FallenAngel, its sarcasm learn to differ. If this guy is going to assume ALL Americans are stupid, including you, then why not take a stab at him?

Quote:

Originally Posted by FallenAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Americans have the worst education in the civilized world, that's a fact. Look it up if you don't believe me. While some are obviously intelligent once in a while you hear about an idiot like quoted below that shows clearly where the stereotype comes from.

Dec 13, 2008 at 11:56 PM Post #35 of 51
Tone doesn't carry well over this medium, hard to tell.
wink.gif

I've used the DT770Pro/80 for gaming before with nice results but there are better cans as these aren't that detailed.

Dec 14, 2008 at 12:18 AM Post #36 of 51
I was in NY in October, when someone asked where I was from and I replied: "Portugal", I had about three answers:

A - Cool, do you live next to the Eiffel Tower? (Not joking)

B - Yeah, nice country, how's FC Barcelona doing?

C (In Newark) - Yeah! My father's from there too!

Dec 14, 2008 at 8:57 AM Post #41 of 51
Okay guys! Decision time's today, I'm going to order them so they arrive way before next Friday, so they get some time to burn in and I get some time to get used to they're sound.

I've been reading a lot about around-the-ears HiFi around the forum so when I start narrowing the choices down from a list I made, I got to the two headphones everybody's been recommending me from the start. They cost about the same in a store based in the UK, which is a plus seeing I don't have to pay any duties or whatever.

Audio Technica A900
ATH-A900.jpg

* Type: Closed-back Dynamic
* Driver Unit: 53mm
* Magnet: Neodymium
* Frequency Response: 5Hz-40kHz
* Impedance: 40 ohms
* Max. Input Power: 2,000mW
* Sensitivity: 101dB
* Plug: Gold-plated stereo mini plug
* Cord Length: 3.0m (Wrapping / Hi-OFC)
* Weight: 350g

Denon AH-D2000
denon-ahd2000.JPG

* Type: Dynamic
* Driver Unit: 50mm
* Magnet: Neodymium
* Frequency Response: 5Hz-45kHz
* Impedance: 25 ohms
* Max. Input Power: 1,800mW
* Sensitivity: 106dB
* Plug: 3.5mm Gold-plated stereo mini plug
* Cord Length: 3.0m (Wrapping / Hi-OFC)
* Weight: 350g

I know I said the Denons were out of the question, but I found them at a pretty nifty price, only 30USDs more than the A900. So, which ones should I order?

Thanks!

P.S - I didn't include the Beyers because of they're high impedance, they require an Amp to perform at they're best...

Dec 14, 2008 at 11:07 AM Post #42 of 51
D2000 kicks A900 butt!

There is also a fantastic thread about how to mod them; it is a very worthwhile mod that makes them one of the best headphones ever. The mods only cost $30 to do yourself but does take some time. If I were to do it again, I'd probably get them modded by MarkL, but on a budget, it's great to do yourself.

Dec 14, 2008 at 2:32 PM Post #43 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by FallenAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
D2000 kicks A900 butt!

There is also a fantastic thread about how to mod them; it is a very worthwhile mod that makes them one of the best headphones ever. The mods only cost $30 to do yourself but does take some time. If I were to do it again, I'd probably get them modded by MarkL, but on a budget, it's great to do yourself.

Okay then, it's decided. Are they also an above average set in terms of comfort? 'Couse that's pretty important.

Dec 14, 2008 at 2:41 PM Post #45 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by chinesekiwi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Denon D2000 = small soundstage (reportedly) = bad for gaming tbh.

Soundstage is far more important in games like CS than bass.

I CANNOT believe that statement. Where on earth did you read that the D2000 has a small soundstage?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back