Galaxy Note 5 Audio Quality
Feb 4, 2016 at 4:13 PM Post #46 of 55
I switched from the Note 5 to LG V10 and while I'm happy with my decision, I didn't find the V10 to be an upgrade in sound from the Note 5. It's more the case they have somewhat different sound signatures. They are both great phones, but a few people in the V10 thread are a bit over the top when talking about its audio capabilities.

Exactly my thoughts.

Feb 23, 2016 at 6:44 PM Post #47 of 55
Try Poweramp. It's not free for the full version, and the UI is terrible, but I've had no issues with playback using it. 

First off, I apologize for the necrobump. I'm so glad I found this thread. I've been going nuts with the mp3 playback issue with many different apps. I always figured it was a software issue vs hardware and I'm grateful for that at least.

Poweramp has been a great workaround. Prior to installing, the device was unusable for music/headphone use.

Mar 2, 2016 at 11:06 AM Post #48 of 55
Quick feedback from my perspective. I typically listen to music through my SE-846 IEM's on the bus, or at work through my Astell and Kern or iPhone 6 Plus when checking things out in Tidal or Spotify. Have had my Note5 for 2 days. I hadn't even thought about the audio quality of the Note5 before I actually plugged it in and started to listen to Spotify in normal quality. I was floored immediately by the sound. Very clear seperation, no fake emphasized bass, not tinny at all. MUCH better than my iPhone. Shocked. Lead me to search on Google to see if it was me, found this thread. Contemplating selling my AK and building the network NAS setup that I need in my house now.

I played with UHQ, Tube Pro etc, not impressed, the default balance is great.

May 26, 2016 at 3:01 AM Post #49 of 55
I'm sure that with the V4A driver or AC!D the audio quality and experience will go up to the roof.

I used to have an htc 1 using neutron + V4A + studio 2.0 beats using flac files. Loved the results.
I had to upgrade my phone so currently I have a note 5 w/vmoda cf wireless. I am on contract with tmo so I'm hesitant of rooting.
I need to get v4a because I had remArkable results before..
I feel that I currently do not have as much satisfaction as with my old set-up. However I do not run the same type of files with the note 5. I just stream Spotify and Tidal. Since I do not have access to my old flac files for neutron.

Jun 4, 2016 at 11:04 AM Post #50 of 55
Hey please i need someone who have experience in usb dac , to tell me if connecting a dac to note 5 will make it sound better ? My note 5 audio compares so badly with my cheap gigabyte realtek ga-h61m on board audio .
The file i use to compare is flac. And 320kbit mp3 .

Jun 25, 2016 at 1:52 PM Post #51 of 55
It would be advisable to,use audio decoding dedicated apps like Neutron or Poweramp. (personally I use Neutron since 2011) FLAC are sent to my note 5 and playback are very decent compared my DAC (FiiO E17 Alpen)

I drive my Philips X1 thru both direct and OTG to Alpen then X1. FIIO E17 has a slightly more coloured tonality. I haven't really tested extensively.

I might get a Xduoo XD-05 and waiting on a pair of modded Fostex T40RP. Let see if Note 5 is able to directly drive the Fostex

I am mainly playing Note 5 with these

Philips Fidelio X1
Brainwavz HM 5
RealAudio Spider
Xiaomi Piston ver 2

Waiting to test the following
Fostex T40RP MK2 modded
Brainwavz XF200

Cheers
Hammond

Sep 5, 2016 at 4:40 AM Post #52 of 55
I am newbie here, I have note 4 and love it so much for listening. Maybe you have experience and compare Note 4 and Note 5 ?  Any big improvement? need I upgrade to Note 5 ?

I listen from Note 4 directly using Sennheiser 598, plays 320k MP3 and never complain at all about sound qualities.  

Sep 5, 2016 at 12:51 PM Post #53 of 55
I am newbie here, I have note 4 and love it so much for listening. Maybe you have experience and compare Note 4 and Note 5 ?  Any big improvement? need I upgrade to Note 5 ?

I listen from Note 4 directly using Sennheiser 598, plays 320k MP3 and never complain at all about sound qualities.  

In that case, I wouldn't worry about it. Upgrade your phone when you are ready to upgrade your phone for other reasons :)

Sep 11, 2016 at 11:04 PM Post #54 of 55
The galaxy note 5 is a great audio player only if you know how to get the most out of it. 
When you plug in your headphones, (mine being the ath-m50x) you have to turn off all the "enhancers" such as the upscaler.
Those are garbage and fuzzy up the treble.
By doing this, you get the most "lossless" sound quality out of your Note. Using my computer, I ripped the cd 
of Super Mario Galaxy OST officially licensed by nintendo(top notch stuff) and transferred them to my Note in its original format, WMA. 
Just sounds great...

Feb 9, 2017 at 3:06 PM Post #55 of 55
It really is impressed with note 5 and its optimizer UHQ Converts regular quality sound (CD, mp3, streaming) to ultra high quality sounds 16 BITS to 24 bits.
And also has ADAPT SOUND that finds the best sound for each ear,
I usually have several headphones like shurese215 and se535
But today I got "Tennmak crazy cello"
From aliexpress

And I'm really very impressed
Is the best sound so far that is heard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back