Galaxy Nexus+Amp?
Jun 2, 2012 at 8:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

InRainbows

New Head-Fier
I am currently using a stock kernel/ROM on an un-rooted Galaxy Nexus. I listen to music on my ATH-M50's using poweramp on my Nexus and hear no background noise whatsoever. But I wanted to know, as a dedicated follower to forum's concerning the Nexus's sound potential, if I hookup a fiio E17 via AUX out on my Nexus if that would make it considerably louder/ give it better sound quality? or would it work at all considering I haven't rooted my phone yet? The reason I ask is because I was looking in to purchasing the Vsonic Gr07 IEM's, however their high impedance(50Ω) has me worried they won't be loud enough, and require an amp. I am aware that USB out>Amp isn't available(yet), but I don't understand the difference between usb out and aux out. What should I do to hook up an amp to this capable portable source?

Jun 2, 2012 at 10:29 PM Post #2 of 4
Jun 2, 2012 at 11:49 PM Post #3 of 4
I have already signed this Google petition! So what's the difference between usb out and AUX out? is there a difference in volume?SQ?

Jun 3, 2012 at 4:31 AM Post #4 of 4
USB audio out means the E17 DAC kicks in, which will mean much better SQ. Using AUX out is just outputting the sound to the E17s headphone amp, it will improve the quality if the headphones it's attached too require more oomph to drive them than the S3 can otherwise provide (nice technical term there).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back