Gah! UE SF5's = nogo. LiveWires = nogo; What now? $250 at my disposal...
Apr 8, 2008 at 2:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

boclcown

100+ Head-Fier
Yeah, I couldn't get a good seal with the SF5's. When there was a good seal, I loooved the sound signature of the SF5's. No matter what I used, I couldn't get them to work though.

So I splurged for the livewires. They have not been what I am looking for. A good seal is just as hard to come by, the sound itself is lacking greatly as well.

So I plan on returning them and using the $250 to get myself a pair of IEM's that will work. I'll keep looking until I find what I need.

So I like good bass. SF5's have substantial bass, and I liked it.

Are the Triple.fi 10's the same as the SF5's in terms of getting a seal? If not, I'd be willing to give them a go. How about Shure? anything that I can just pop in my ears without spending 10 minutes to get them to work!

Please, suggestions will be greatly appreciated,

thanks.

(Oh, and I just spent $1,000 on a new mountain bike, so my budget is a very strict 250. Considering I basically lost $40 with the impressions, I'm not too willing to budge)

Apr 8, 2008 at 3:02 AM Post #3 of 25
no. I know that the sound sig. just isn't my thing. I have gotten a good seal, and even then, the mids are definately vibrant, and I can see why some people might like them, but overall they seem way to thin.

I'm looking at the UM2's. Does anyone know if I can find them for less than $300 somewhere? And how they compare to the SF5's?

Apr 8, 2008 at 3:19 AM Post #5 of 25
Try the SuperFreQ... if you like bass, they have a good amount of it and everything else
biggrin.gif

If you like the SF5, the SuperFreQ will blow your mind out!

Apr 8, 2008 at 5:02 AM Post #9 of 25
Sounds like you're looking for UM2s. If any come up for sale in the forums here, you'll be able to get them for $250 or less.

Apr 8, 2008 at 6:20 AM Post #12 of 25
What about different tips for the SF5's? If you liked the sound from them why not try the Comply T400 tips. Or for much less than $250 you could get a pair of Super.fi 5 EB's. The different size and shape may help you get a better seal. The EB's are bass monsters too.

Apr 8, 2008 at 7:11 AM Post #13 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by boclcown /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, I've burned them in and all.

I think I'd rather stay away from customs. the se530 seems nice, but I can't find it anywhere for under $350.

Try the FS forums. You can usually find it cheap there.

Apr 9, 2008 at 2:08 AM Post #15 of 25
I feel bad. John Diles called me himself and offered to help me figure out if have a seal problem with my LiveWires. I have to say, excellent service all around. Easily the best I've ever dealt with after only my Local Bike Shop.

Still, I think my sound preference doesn't match the LW's.

Do the UM2's have a wide soundstage?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back