G.I. Joe...uhh..impressions
Aug 7, 2009 at 11:39 PM Post #16 of 54
I wanted to see G.I. Joe, but I was just terribly worried that if somebody put one of the pieces in his mouth, he might choke on it.

Aug 7, 2009 at 11:49 PM Post #17 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by catachresis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wanted to see G.I. Joe, but I was just terribly worried that if somebody put one of the pieces in his mouth, he might choke on it.

Pieces of what? Resses Pieces?
tongue_smile.gif

Aug 7, 2009 at 11:50 PM Post #18 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You mean it's gloriously bad? I might have to go see it, then. A couple other inadvertent comedies I loved are "Congo" and "The Postman." Both are hilarious if you go in expectin comedy. I also heard the new Transformers movie is funny.

Thats exactly what i mean. I kinda went in there thinking it was going to be a mediocre action movie, but it turned into a pretty funny comedy. Speaking of hilariously bad movies, has anyone seen "The Room" directed by Tommy Wiseau. Epic cult movie that is one of the worst movies ever. It is so bad yet so good. They have showings around the country kinda like "The Rocky Horror Picture Show".

Aug 8, 2009 at 12:22 AM Post #19 of 54
I caught a 4:45 show with some friends a little while ago. It was mostly as I expected; stupid, ludicrous, action-packed and full of unintentional comedy. The actors, though, were truly terrible - especially the black haired girl, whose name escapes me despite her prevalence in the film.

That didn't stop me from enjoying a lot of it considering my low expectations, and a couple of scenes were genuinely cool. Worse than Transformers? I didn't really think so...

Aug 8, 2009 at 5:00 AM Post #20 of 54
That would be sienna miller, i believe.

And LOL at the sinking ice, my friends were all on my case for pointing that out, glad that I am not the only one that noticed!

Aug 8, 2009 at 2:28 PM Post #22 of 54
Hmm, I watched GI Joe yesterday also. I also watched the 1st Transformers movie when it first came out but not the second. This GI Joe movie reminded me most of the cartoons I use to watch growing up in the 80s between the two movies. The transformers movie was different than it's cartoon, at least how I remember it. So to me the GI Joe movie was more enjoyable but yeah both movies were:

Quote:

Originally Posted by M0T0XGUY /img/forum/go_quote.gif
stupid, ludicrous, action-packed and full of unintentional comedy. The actors, though, were truly terrible ...

atsmile.gif

Aug 8, 2009 at 3:14 PM Post #23 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You mean it's gloriously bad? I might have to go see it, then. A couple other inadvertent comedies I loved are "Congo" and "The Postman." Both are hilarious if you go in expectin comedy. I also heard the new Transformers movie is funny.

I'm going to acknowledge UE's brave admission here and post one of my own: I love Mark Wahlberg movies... All of them. Even Rock Star.

Aug 8, 2009 at 6:28 PM Post #28 of 54
Everyone who had a G.I. Joe as a kid and had them hook up with their sister's Barbie doll, raise your hand!

Aug 8, 2009 at 6:58 PM Post #30 of 54
Come on, the movie was not that terrible. Not sure how anyone would expect anything except for a movie that is going to blow stuff up though. Granted, they did thier best to slip in phrases like "Kung-Fu Grip" "Yo, Joe!" and others. Lots of action and pretty girls, that is all I wanted, It delivered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back