FYI: HD650 $339.99...
Jan 15, 2004 at 6:38 PM Post #92 of 99
You bastards. You just made me return my new hd600's to amazon.com for this. Hope you're all happy.

Does anyone know about extended warranties for the 650's like they have for the 600's?

Jan 15, 2004 at 7:08 PM Post #94 of 99
I checked senn's website... no info on an extended warranty like they have for the 600's... which I find to be very strange.

Oh, I forgot to mention, AA gave me free first day s/h! But that's cause I live like an hour or two away from them. But still, that's pretty damned sweet.

Jan 15, 2004 at 7:28 PM Post #95 of 99
FedEx just delivered my HD650's from AA. Quick service from a good company.

I'd never seen the Senns and wasn't expecting the presentation to be quite so elaborate--hinged case, velvet and that gleaming lacquered finish. My system is warming up and the cans await their maiden voyage. I fully expect to hear angels and feel the earth move after all the hype.
wink.gif

BW

Jan 15, 2004 at 9:37 PM Post #96 of 99
Just remember that those "angels" have been bored, stuck in a warehouse, and had nothing to do but chain-smoke Styrofoam. Give their pipes a few days to clear and you'll be in the clouds. My 650s are just passing the 125 hour mark and really starting to open up nicely.

8~)

Jan 15, 2004 at 11:06 PM Post #97 of 99
Enjoy your headphones! I'm on the way to the local Fed Ex depot to pick up my Zu Mobius replacement cable (missed the delivery to my house by 20 minutes!
frown.gif
) I really like the headphones and hope you like yours, too.

Jan 16, 2004 at 7:19 PM Post #98 of 99
Holy crap, I got my 650's from AA in under 24 hours from when I ordered! And I didn't get charged s/h!

Even though my headphone experience has been limited to hd280's for a year and then the 600's for 2 weeks, I can tell the difference between the 600's and the 650's. The harsh treble is gone, slightly more pronounced bass (not sure if I like that or not, but this is straight out of the box, so I expect everything to change), and the soundstage really is noticeably different. Better different.

Also, I was having comfort problems with the 600's with the headband... the grooves of foam made my head hurt after a while for some reason. That seems to be gone with the 650's, thank god.

If I ever get a real amp and source I've a feeling my rash purchase will be justified.

Oh, on a side note, when I went to UPS to return my 600's to amazon, they took it without charging me; said it was prepaid. I had it delivered with the super saving free shipping, so maybe that's why... or they'll jam me over by taking it out of my refund. Strange, either way around.

Feb 12, 2004 at 7:39 PM Post #99 of 99
Quote:

Originally posted by jboehle
The final price at DVDupgrades (without doing some sort of group buy) is somewhere around $300 shipped.

What is the website for dvdupgrades?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back