FYI: HD650 $339.99...
Jan 3, 2004 at 11:05 PM Post #62 of 99
Quote:

Originally posted by emelius
thought this was a good price compared to the others i've seen...ecost also has free shipping (although i've seen a processing charge before)...

their "Shopping Cart Special" is usually $379.99...says call for availability (which i did)...the guy said they don't have 'em but if you completed the order online the price would be honored when they did...i've ordered there before w/o a problem...

I placed an order for the HD650 with ecost.com a week ago, and asked when it'll be shipped. They said that it's on back order, but they don't know when they'll get it. Anyone have any experience with how long their delay is likely to be?

Jan 4, 2004 at 1:09 AM Post #66 of 99
Or you could order from AA on Monday and have them by Wednesday! Gotta love the American way!
smily_headphones1.gif

Seriously, though - I do hope all goes well and you guys get a group buy going at < $300. Hell, if you do, I might be in for another set so I don't have to lug them between work and home every day. But it sounds like DVDupgrades doesn't make much off of them the way it is, so I would guess that it won't go much less than $300 a set, shipped.

For me, being able to get them on Tuesday, for an extra $50, was worth it.

-Jason

Jan 4, 2004 at 2:02 AM Post #71 of 99
so what is the final "talked down" price at AA, and the same for DVDupgrade?

Jan 4, 2004 at 2:19 AM Post #72 of 99
Quote:

Originally posted by jboehle
Make sure to read my post from earlier in the thread, I did their "online chat" thing and got them to match the eCost price. And next day shipping was only $10!

-Jason

Thank you, Jason. I included a note for Joe Darmogray.

Jan 4, 2004 at 4:04 AM Post #73 of 99
The final price at DVDupgrades (without doing some sort of group buy) is somewhere around $300 shipped. It varies a little bit based on where in the US it is being shipped to, I think - as an earlier poster was in Hawaii and I was in Kansas and I think our totals differed by $4 or so.

The final price at Audio Asylum matches the eCost.com price of $339.99.

-Jason

Jan 4, 2004 at 4:23 AM Post #74 of 99
thanx jason, just wanted to be clear
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 6, 2004 at 6:58 AM Post #75 of 99
Ok guys, I finally took the plunge and placed my order.

The total with shipping to Hawaii was $309.93

Let me tell you, the whole process was a royal pain in the $ss, but I think it was worth the effort. First I had to wait for an inquiry to be accepted. I then had to put a lock on the US/CHF exchange rate. After that, I accepted their offer (even though the HD650's needed to be backordered).

To finish up the transaction, I had to send them an authorization fax which had a copy of my card so that they can be sure I won't default on them.

Finally, to make sure Visa doesn't put a freeze on my card, I had to call up customer service to alert them that a charge was coming in from Switzerland soon.

Now, all I have to do is wait 3 weeks for them to verify and ship my HD650's. It's hell of a lot of work, but it's worth the $40 I save.

In reality, the calling and internet stuff took only about 45 minutes total. So, 'twas no biggie for me. My only gripe is the wait... Though, since the items are backorder, ordering through a US based company with probably take a while as well...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back