Fuze - LOD issues
Oct 29, 2011 at 8:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Chris Haigh

New Head-Fier
Hello.

I recently recieved all the goodies to put together my first quality portable audio setup.

The parts relative to my question are:

Sandisk Sansa Fuze (Rockbox OS)
FiiO L6 LOD cable
FiiO E11 (possibly)

I was told that when I plugged the LOD cable into my fuze that it would automaticaly output an (analogue) audio signal through the LOD cable, and unless my E11 (or maybe the LOD) is mistaken, it is not doing this.

I'm normally pretty savy with issues like this, but I don't really know where to start with this one. I do have a few theorys:

The new OS (Rockbox) isn't doing what it should do. I will do some further testing and if it points towards this, I will redirect this at the rockbox forums.

Faulty LOD cable. Here, in South Africa I doubt anyone in a 100mile radius has ever heard of an LOD, so there is no reasonably convinient way for me to test this :/ (any ideas?)

I havn't got things setup properly, While not really a theory that would prove what I was told to be correct, it seems the most likely to me.

Any new theories or help with the current ones would be really appreciated.

Sorry about the gramma, I do try.

Thanks,
Chris.

Oct 29, 2011 at 9:37 PM Post #3 of 4
If you have Fuze v1, then the RB should support LO without a problem. For Fuze v2, you need to compile the BR with the LO patch to enable the function. The patch can be found here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/552605/fiio-e11-the-initial-impression-final-thought/165#post_7459838

Oct 30, 2011 at 8:37 AM Post #4 of 4
Thanks guys, It seems my Browsing skills aren't what they once were, I thought I had combed both of these forums pretty thoroughly.

Oh, and I do have the V2, Haven't installed anything yet, will update soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back