Fuze+ alternatives? (Something for running, must play video as well)
Dec 19, 2012 at 7:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

JustJohn

New Head-Fier
Hi, I have a little sister who wants a media player small enough to be convenient for running but can play videos as well.

-Does not need to be audiophile quality.
-Price could go up to $200 but looking for the most for the money.

First thing that popped up was the Fuze+ but reviews say the interface is horrible. I could rockbox it, but will that solve those problems completely? What are some good alternatives? Appreciate you taking a look, thanks!

Dec 24, 2012 at 2:50 AM Post #4 of 5
the original fuze can play videos and the controls are much better, C2 sounds like a good choice if you are willing to pay the extra to get a better battery life. since it doesn't sound much critical listening will be done, i think your main problem should be the size of the screen, maybe look into a samsung galaxy player?

Dec 24, 2012 at 6:40 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:
the original fuze can play videos and the controls are much better, C2 sounds like a good choice if you are willing to pay the extra to get a better battery life. since it doesn't sound much critical listening will be done, i think your main problem should be the size of the screen, maybe look into a samsung galaxy player?

The original Fuze sucks for video. It's difficult to get them to play on it, and the screen sucks for them too.
Maybe one of the smaller Galaxy players would work, yeah....the 3.6 is under $150.

An iPod Touch 4th-gen would actually be better, but would cost more......difference is, accessory support. You can get armbands(useful for a runner) and cases anywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back