Futuresonics Atrio M5
Sep 12, 2008 at 1:12 AM Post #1,772 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by Packgrog /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Version 2 has deeper bass response, no memory wire, and slightly thicker cables.

ha quite tempted to replace my v1 with the v2 just to try it out. :p

Sep 12, 2008 at 2:23 AM Post #1,774 of 2,359
the old version have this plastic film at the ends of the headphone (out of the driver casing) which extend for about 3 cm. Its fixes the wire in place. The new version does not have this.

if you buy them, get them new from soundearphones

they have the revised version. one thing about the xxs .. the meier really brought out the atrio...i dont get why they say the predator was better, my predator goes louder...but the meier goes really well with the atrio...i think because the predator bass is more pronouced, where as the meier is balanced...time to buy another one!

Sep 12, 2008 at 3:22 AM Post #1,775 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Junesequa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the old version have this plastic film at the ends of the headphone (out of the driver casing) which extend for about 3 cm. Its fixes the wire in place. The new version does not have this.

they have the revised version. one thing about the xxs .. the meier really brought out the atrio...i dont get why they say the predator was better, my predator goes louder...but the meier goes really well with the atrio...i think because the predator bass is more pronouced, where as the meier is balanced...time to buy another one!

i wonder which is a better fit for the atrios.. meier xxs or its 2move?
confused.gif

Sep 12, 2008 at 4:09 AM Post #1,776 of 2,359
Quote:

You wanna buy back the XXS?
tongue.gif

Sep 12, 2008 at 11:53 AM Post #1,777 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by azarel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i wonder which is a better fit for the atrios.. meier xxs or its 2move?
confused.gif

The XXS/Headsix has a bit of treble roll-off in low current mode. That's probably not what you want with the Atrios. High current mode is fine, but probably too loud for the Atrios.

RightMark Audio Analyzer test: comparison

Sep 12, 2008 at 2:17 PM Post #1,778 of 2,359
Quote:

Yeah, source pairing is important for getting the most out of the Atrio. They do best with more neutral or analytical amps/sources, since the Atrio soften the highs and bring out the bass. Ray Samuels seems to make amps with a little more bass impact. While this is essential for most headphones, it can start pushing the Atrio into "boomy" territory.

For example, my old combination of a Monica 2 DAC (less harsh, more "analog" sound) and RSA Tomahawk (very impactful but controlled bass) can just sound like too much bass emphasis with the Atrio. When I pair the Atrio with my iBasso D1 v2, however, it's a whole new experience, and it's amp/DAC combo is more neutral than the other combo, which just fits the Atrio better. I also recall trying the Qables iQube about a year ago at a local meet and was absolutely floored.

So yeah, synergy is important with the Atrio. Go for more neutral sources and amps.

Sep 14, 2008 at 5:48 AM Post #1,780 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by lewislink /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So the Atrio M8 are exactly the same as the M5 rev.2?

For each iteration, the only difference between the M5 and M8 is color. M5=Black, M8=Blue.

Current "rev. 2" can be distinguished from the previous version by the lack of memory wire and the accompanying nylon sleeve. Change took place around summer 2008.

This picture from anythingbutipod.com shows the previous version with memory wire:
future-sonics-02.jpg

The pictures used on the Future Sonics website today mixes rev 1 with rev 2 so the confusion caused is understandable.

This picture from about.com shows the current rev. 2 - no memory wire:
FSatrio_m5_web.jpg

Sep 14, 2008 at 6:33 AM Post #1,782 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by lewislink /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cool! Thanks, I may well look at a set of M8s.

No problem.

Unlike all the IEMs in your current collection, the Atrios will need some burn-in.

It's one of those IEMs you have to wear for a while continuously to realize the appeal - just a more 'natural' and relaxing sound compared to balanced armatures, even at low listening volume.

Other than the deep bass, the M8 won't have that "Wow" factor like the treble on your Ety or the mids of your SE530. It's more fatigue-free, but short on the "Wow" component compared with your other IEMs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back