Futuresonics Atrio M5
May 1, 2008 at 9:17 PM Post #1,487 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by Packgrog /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There's a couple photos in this long-ass thread. I wear them up, with the memory wire bent back around my ears. I had tried wearing them down when I first got them but they wouldn't keep a good seal. Wearing them up both provides a better seal and a better angle into the ear canal.

and drastically reduces microphonics.

May 2, 2008 at 2:41 PM Post #1,489 of 2,359
Hello All,

Update: The T-100 Comply™ foam tips have just been approved for use with the Future Sonics Atrio M5/M8.
biggrin.gif

Please visit Comply™ Foam Replacement Tips, Noise Reduction Earphones, and Mobile Phone Earsets with Noise Reduction. for more information.

May 6, 2008 at 12:22 AM Post #1,490 of 2,359
Hmm, now I can't decide between the olives and the grey soft.

The soft grey sleeves "scrunch up" gently and fairly comfortably ... if they're too small, the earphones might not stay in. But these wouldn't isolate as much as the olives would ... and isolation helps with the sound quality and especially volume (you don't have to turn the volume up as high).

I like the Complys with the Atrios, for comfort and sound (really comfortable on long plane flights), but with everyday use they might wear out faster than you'd prefer (I don't use the Atrios every day ... yet ... but they're so good I might have to start).

May 7, 2008 at 2:06 PM Post #1,491 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael M /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just to let everyone know the Future Sonics M5's are now backordered for another 4 weeks from FS....

Ouch, now that's bad news
frown.gif

I ordered them back in Jan and I'm still waiting for them...

;_;

May 7, 2008 at 4:25 PM Post #1,492 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dakins /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ouch, now that's bad news
frown.gif

I ordered them back in Jan and I'm still waiting for them...

;_;

I changed my order to M8 when I learned that they are not in stock. After all, I don't care much about colors...

I read somewhere that it's best to turn off all EQ options of the Cowon D2 when using the M5/8. Does that include the BBE functions, too?

May 7, 2008 at 4:37 PM Post #1,493 of 2,359
anyone here know how is atrio sound compared to sennheiser ie-7 iem,
Iam stuck between these two, dont know which to get really. i know they r both
are in the pro monitoring/stage category.
thanks...

May 7, 2008 at 6:36 PM Post #1,496 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by golem09 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I changed my order to M8 when I learned that they are not in stock. After all, I don't care much about colors...

I read somewhere that it's best to turn off all EQ options of the Cowon D2 when using the M5/8. Does that include the BBE functions, too?

I leave BBE at 1 most of the time (yes, even with my Predator, so shoot me), just because I like the bass impact it gives.

May 7, 2008 at 9:38 PM Post #1,499 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by golem09 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah, that was probably me that made that recommendation.

I've found that any bass enhancements sound flabby and distorted with the Atrio, simply because the Atrio already has so much bass power as it is. It's unnecessary, and can sound really crappy. This is especially true if you have any hip-hop style music at all (ie: I listen to Candiria, which is mostly metal, but has the occasional rap song, where the bass feels like someone punching me in the head... in a good way). There may be some music where it's not an issue, but others that wind up sounding bad. Better to just turn off the gimmicky effects and let the Atrio do it's own coloring.

May 9, 2008 at 3:56 AM Post #1,500 of 2,359
It's between these and the UM2 for me. Which places have the best price? And are these the kind of objects you would buy used?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back