Futuresonics Atrio M5
Aug 29, 2007 at 4:26 AM Post #752 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by retic3nt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how flush do they sit in the ear? Can you comfortably sleep with them on?

For me, not flush at all, but YMMV. These are definitely not stealthy IEMs, and sleeping with them on is out of the question.

For the record, these impressions were made using the bi-flange tips included with the M5. Foamies might make them seat a little deeper in the ear but they would probably still stick out too far to sleep on.

Aug 29, 2007 at 5:09 AM Post #753 of 2,359
Quote:

I use the Shure olives, and I sleep with mine in occasionally. Not really a problem for me. However, I usually sleep on my side, with my arm under my forehead, and therefore my ear isn't pressing hard against my pillow. I also usually wake up at least once during the night, and if/when that happens, I take them out and go back to sleep.

Aug 29, 2007 at 5:20 AM Post #754 of 2,359
Wow really? But I really don't want to choose another IEM...
frown.gif
I know! I'll use the Yuins for sleep and the M5s for outside...All is well LOL

Aug 29, 2007 at 1:56 PM Post #756 of 2,359
I just bought the super fi pro 5s and the Atrio M8 yesterday. It was the quickest robbery for 2 items for me (costed $300 for both) in a 5 minute span.

I'll be doing a test/review 2 weeks from now when I receive it. Whichever sounds better will be the keeper.

so in case I dont like either, I'm alerting CANADIANS in this post who might be looking for either 'phones as I'll sell the phones I don't like. I don't intend to lose a lot of money (for the reason I won't be really using the ones I'm going to sell except for the test-time period).

Aug 29, 2007 at 4:27 PM Post #757 of 2,359
LOL I'm hoping your going to love the Super Fi 5. Pros and sell me the Atrio M5 since I also live in Toronto, well the GTA area... If you do plan on selling the Atrios, PM me and we can arrange something (if I haven't yet bought them already by that time LOL)

Aug 30, 2007 at 1:49 AM Post #758 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by only500made /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just bought the super fi pro 5s and the Atrio M8 yesterday. It was the quickest robbery for 2 items for me (costed $300 for both) in a 5 minute span.

I'll be doing a test/review 2 weeks from now when I receive it. Whichever sounds better will be the keeper.

so in case I dont like either, I'm alerting CANADIANS in this post who might be looking for either 'phones as I'll sell the phones I don't like. I don't intend to lose a lot of money (for the reason I won't be really using the ones I'm going to sell except for the test-time period).

I'd love to have the Atrios if you don't like them, but somehow I'm pretty sure that you're going to end up selling the Super.fi's...

I don't know of a single Canadian shop/website that sells the M5
frown.gif

Aug 30, 2007 at 4:01 AM Post #759 of 2,359
Quote:

I don't have a problem lying on my side when using the shure olives as long as the pillow that I am resting on isn't rock hard and I am not trying to force the entire weight of my head onto my ears. They sit very flush in the ear with the olives (and presumably with the FS foamies as well, although I haven't used those in a while). As long as you have a soft pillow, I think you should be able to sleep with them in.

The bi-flanges are another story -- while I love them and think they sound great on the M5, I find that I cannot lie on my side while wearing them for two reasons. First, to maintain a seal, the bi-flanges require a stationary fit inside the ear. If you lie on your side, they will move around and you will lose that seal (this is also why I can't jog with the bi-flanges but can with the shure olives or the foamies). Second, the bi-flanges don't have any padding, so any pressure exerted against the ears will cause discomfort (imagine if you tried to lie down on your side without any tips on the M5 at all -- that would hurt! Well, since the be-flanges don't have padding, lying down with them in is the equivalent of lying down with the M5 and no tips).

Forgot to add -- I wear the memory wire over the ear. I can't imagine how the memory wear could cause any problems while lying on a pillow unless it was being worn down.

Sep 6, 2007 at 2:44 AM Post #761 of 2,359
I ordered some olives from Idealsound on 8-25 and they have yet to arrive. I checked the USPS tracking and it says they are expecting the product but it has said this for the last 10 days. I emailed Idealsound three times since saturday with NO responce, what should I do?

Sep 8, 2007 at 1:47 AM Post #762 of 2,359
I tried IEM before (Shure E500) and I wasn't able to insert any of the tips in my ears, except the small foam tip. Not to mention, it was extremely scary and time consuming process!! I don't know how you do it!!

I have both Yuin PK-1 and PK-2 earbuds and i love both so much but I am looking for something that isolate. However, I can't insert IEM in my ears
frown.gif

Should I get the custom mold? I read some reviews that their custom mold tip changed their Atrio M5 sound signature. Everything I read about the M5 is what I want except the fit. I want something warm, good bass, smooth, comfortable, and isolates. Is this so hard to accomplish?

Sep 8, 2007 at 4:20 AM Post #763 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by meusickfrek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I ordered some olives from Idealsound on 8-25 and they have yet to arrive. I checked the USPS tracking and it says they are expecting the product but it has said this for the last 10 days. I emailed Idealsound three times since saturday with NO responce, what should I do?

Keep emailing them and keep including the USPS tracking link. Nothing happening on it would be enough for them to resend your olives if the package got lost.

Sep 8, 2007 at 9:19 PM Post #764 of 2,359
Got a reply today after sending an e-mail through the "ask the vendor a question" portion of e-bay. They said they, "...probably got lost in the mail" and gave me a full refund with no offer to resend. I guess this is how they keep thejr 100% approval rating. Now two weeks later, still no olives
frown.gif

Sep 9, 2007 at 12:03 AM Post #765 of 2,359
Quote:

Originally Posted by meusickfrek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Got a reply today after sending an e-mail through the "ask the vendor a question" portion of e-bay. They said they, "...probably got lost in the mail" and gave me a full refund with no offer to resend. I guess this is how they keep thejr 100% approval rating. Now two weeks later, still no olives
frown.gif

At least you got your money back. Redo the order.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back