Futuresonic Atrio M5/M8 - NEW Revision 2 version
Jul 10, 2008 at 12:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

robojack

500+ Head-Fier
Has anyone heard about this yet? It would appear that they're using new dynamic drivers, with an improved range of 18 Hz - 20,000 Hz.

See the link here: Atrio ® brand professional earphones - by Future Sonics

Do you suppose if I send back my older gen Atrios (which is need of repair, due to cabling issues), would I get this newer revision? It would appear they've discontinued the older Atrio line.

UPDATE: I emailed Futuresonics, and they confirmed that they will be sending out revision 2's for any damaged Atrio's. W00t! I'll be sending mine out next week
biggrin.gif

Jul 10, 2008 at 2:53 PM Post #3 of 9
Agreed to both of your remarks. Hopefully they've improved the mid and treble range for a more detailed and balanced presentation.

Jul 10, 2008 at 3:48 PM Post #4 of 9
I just hope they don't change the wonderful bass quality and presentation
frown.gif
Hm... I don't have my receipt anymore, do you think I could still get replacements? My cable is starting to get pretty hard and memory wire has fluid/green stuff in it...

Jul 10, 2008 at 3:58 PM Post #5 of 9
I'm not sure about that, better to email their support team, and check.

I really hope the revision 2 won't have the memory wire/tube, since that was nothing but trouble. It wasn't sealed (like UE cables), so as expected lots of guck and dirt got inside, but most importantly, I wasn't able to clean it. As a result, the cable inside the memory tube had started to crack, and while it's sounding fine now, I suspect it won't be long (especially in this muggy summer heat) before I start experiencing degraded sound in that channel.

Jul 12, 2008 at 2:44 AM Post #7 of 9
Are the current one in their website the v2?

k yes it is.

Aug 13, 2008 at 6:35 AM Post #9 of 9
I've sent an email to Sound earphones a while back, regarding if there were any difference between the ordinary one and the V2.

According to them, there aren't any big differences between the two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back