Future Sonics Atrio MG7 Review and Appreciation thread
Apr 21, 2012 at 12:18 PM Post #662 of 1,216
You know its funny I've never had a pair that really bothered me with microphonics.  I don't know if I walk weird or what but the only time I wear a shirt clip is when I'm jogging, working out or playing golf.

Apr 21, 2012 at 1:44 PM Post #663 of 1,216

Quote:

This is the only thing stopping me from getting these atm. You're not the first to mention this :frowning2:

i dont think its a good reson as honsely i dont find them a big deal and they dont really do mutch at all, the stiff cables are + for me as they mold to my ear as i war them over the ear the devider are wires are not stiff at all only when it reachs the divider then the wires are stiff

as for microphics yes there is a little when i were them not lisning to music, but when there is music playin then there is none, i were these over the ear so no you wont hear any at all like that, as for wear they have alot, still not adiable when playing music mabey at low volumes, but as for over the ear they are non existent even when playing at low volumes

i taken these in a plane and they almost completey block out the sound when music is plalying, very very good isolation

also if you really treat them good then the wire wont degrade at all, i dont treat them to well i do keep them in a case when i am not using them but when i am on the go they are shoved in my pocket with my ipod rig

if you really think that the stress relife is super super importent then dont buy them but i HIGHLY reccomend them :)

Apr 21, 2012 at 6:43 PM Post #664 of 1,216
You never posted any pictures, or I didn't see them.
Quote:
Hey guys, anyone having trouble with the strain relief on the driver end of the cables? Mine is starting to go soft and give way around where the cable meets the strain relief (pictures below). Has anyone had a fix for this issue?

On a separate note, I have another pair of old Atrios (I think pre-MG7, probably the older MG5 driver) and they were actually fine, but the cable is so stiff that the part where it curls over the ear cracked today when I tried to put it on. Have any of you guys experienced that happening?

Apr 22, 2012 at 3:14 AM Post #665 of 1,216

Quote:

i dont think its a good reson as honsely i dont find them a big deal and they dont really do mutch at all, the stiff cables are + for me as they mold to my ear as i war them over the ear the devider are wires are not stiff at all only when it reachs the divider then the wires are stiff

as for microphics yes there is a little when i were them not lisning to music, but when there is music playin then there is none, i taken these in a plane and they almost completey block out the sound when music is plalying

also if you really treat them good then the wire wont degrade at all, i dont treat them to well i do keep them in a case when i am not using them but when i am on the go they are shoved in my pocket with my ipod rig

if you really think that the stress relife is super super importent then dont buy them but i HIGHLY reccomend them :)

It is when i'm going to be giving it 40-50 hours per week while moving all over the joint. I guess i can use the gr06 over the ear clip things and let it get stiff inside there. That way it probably won't crack from moving around too much, or i'll just wear 'em straight down which is most likely.

As do many :)
I want to hear that rumble and i know i'm going to love it, just don't want them to fall apart on me. 

Apr 22, 2012 at 7:40 AM Post #666 of 1,216

Quote:

It is when i'm going to be giving it 40-50 hours per week while moving all over the joint. I guess i can use the gr06 over the ear clip things and let it get stiff inside there. That way it probably won't crack from moving around too much, or i'll just wear 'em straight down which is most likely.

As do many :)
I want to hear that rumble and i know i'm going to love it, just don't want them to fall apart on me. 

yea i can agree with the build quility i rember when the front part of the case fell off.... nothing a littel super glue could fix anyways i am planning to a recableing job on these so that to me is a plus but know they never come off at all

there is litrilay nothing to compare to these honslty the low end rumble is one the most pleasing things i have herd, these are the best iems i have ever heard, i have heard tf10s they are so clear but nothing compares in the bass department

so if you descide not to but these good luck trying to find better headphones in the bass department, i guss you just have to deal witht the build quility and either eay if they do break you should have a one year warrenty and FS costumer servise is pretty descent, if they do breack when the warrenty expires FS will hook you up with a new pair for half the price you bought them and mabey buy then there will be a new one :)

just sayin, its your descition not mine

PS i got mine in feb

Apr 23, 2012 at 12:29 AM Post #672 of 1,216
Quote:
Whoops, slipped my mind! The wear is more apparent in the strain relief of the left driver.

Wow. Why did you chew on them?! 
blink.gif

Apr 23, 2012 at 12:44 AM Post #673 of 1,216

Quote:

Wow. Why did you chew on them?! 
blink.gif

Dude...

Hahaha. Maybe I have strange perspiration (I perspire when playing drums), and it doesn't help that with the Softerwear tips, the cable is pulled against the curvature of the strain relief, thereby enlarging the hole that the cable comes out of. One thing I never understood is why the strain relief is curved in such a way if these are IEMs and are intended to be worn over the ear..

That is, unless Future Sonics never intended for that...

Apr 23, 2012 at 3:20 AM Post #674 of 1,216
Quote:
Hahaha. Maybe I have strange perspiration (I perspire when playing drums), and it doesn't help that with the Softerwear tips, the cable is pulled against the curvature of the strain relief, thereby enlarging the hole that the cable comes out of. One thing I never understood is why the strain relief is curved in such a way if these are IEMs and are intended to be worn over the ear..

How old is your pair already?

I wondered about the curvature, too. It actually makes sense inside the ear, as it follows its outward shape; but it stops making sense where the cable goes out, as it (the cable) has to go in the reverse direction. 

Apr 23, 2012 at 3:23 AM Post #675 of 1,216
I jumped the gun a little. After doing a few more comparisons to the FX700, UM3x, and FXT90 I don't feel the atrio's can keep up with the FX700 and UM3x. But to be fair, the other 3 seem to do fine at around  volume level -20 to -15 on a clip-zip, where the atrio's need to be cranked all the way up to -7 to feel 'full'. I don't have an amp anymore.... but my guess is they'd improve quite a bit with a solid amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back