Future Sonics Atrio MG7 Review and Appreciation thread
Apr 19, 2012 at 3:49 AM Post #631 of 1,216
Sure would be nice if the MG6 Pro had a 50% off code
tongue_smile.gif

Apr 19, 2012 at 4:04 AM Post #632 of 1,216

Quote:
Finally received my atrio's today. I'm very pleased with them thus far. I actually expected a little more bass impact... more along the lines of the MDT. It still has the best bass of any IEM I own currently, in quantity and quality. I absolutely LOVE how bass guitars are sounding. With the Dual flanges I think the soundstage is actually pretty decent. I've been comparing it to my JVC FXT90 which has very good depth, the atrios aren't far behind and actually have better width. The FXT90's have better treble extension, Timbre is really good on both, and I'd put the atrio's ahead (only slightly though) in almost every other category. I highly recommend the dual flanges.... you lose a little bass impact but the sound becomes much more open to my ears.

I've kind of gone on a headphone buying spree lately picking up the UM3x, EX1000, Atrio's, and have an FX700 on the way. A quick comparison to the UM3x and FXT90 tell me the atrio's are quality in-ear's and can hold their own against both in enjoyment factor.
gs1000.gif

Welcome to the club! They will warm up more with use. Just keep using them and they'll get more and more enjoyable. The Atrios' sound signature can be said to age gracefully. 
wink_face.gif

Apr 19, 2012 at 8:58 AM Post #633 of 1,216

Quote:

Can you please let me know how much of a difference there is between running them out of a Fiio E11 compared to an average source like an iPod or computer? I own a pair of Atrios and am thinking about getting the Fiio E11.

In terms of burn-in, I would definitely do longer than 25 hours. I remember mine used to be very sibilant, almost to the point where I wanted to get rid of them, but practically all of the sibilance goes away after continued use. I think mine are fully burned in now and the high end sounds great and clear.

Sure!

i will give as much detail as possible

the things that change are
1.soudstage
2.the bass volume
3.the mids
4. the highs

the first thing you are going to notice is that the soundstage becomes much wider and has more depth, its more depth then with though witch is one of the main things the atrios lack so that one thing to note
let me know if you dont understand any of the terms
 the bass
you wont notice it at first but over time the cable that came with my fiio needs to burn in for not long at all so around mabey 2- 5 hours and there, so what you get is a really nice deep feeling from them, the best way to describe it is you feel your eardrum move allot more then without an amp, IMO they move even without an amp so you it just gets deeper it rolls off at around 13 -10 hz its like, the best way to experience it is to get a tone generator and speak and your voice will sound funny its a really amazing experience, 20 hz is like talking into a fan, that's the best way i can describe with an amp , without an amp your voice dosent change at all its just rolls off at around 17- 20 hz
(u really have to expreiance it, its hard to describe)

the mids dont really change at all, mabey gives it a bit more power that's about it, they still fell just a slightly recessed

the highs i felt was quite different, it gives those crashes that bit more volume it deserves mostly the high caps not the sibilant part, they have no change in the annoying sibilance, mabey a little less i honestly cant tell at all

overall if you fell that the bass needed more rumble and the soudstage was a bit lacking witch when i first got them they dont fell as congested and fell like the soundsatge is average it has good width and some much more deserved depth

its very hard to go back to the ipod because of the bass and the soundstage, it makes them so much more engaging, i felt like somthing was missing and now not anymore, just the annoying sibilance i experience on some tracks

the biggest negative is that it made my ipod bulky and bit heavy, and dosent strap on well on the ipod 3ed gen, should work well with a ipone 4 and the new ipod or with a rubber case around it that's what i did, with one small rubber band and with the included rubber band that come with it

i also forgot to mention there is adjustable bass, i usually leave it off but i like to go level 1 sometimes, level 2 is mental for my tastes and dosent so good and i dont think should be used, but level 1 sound brilliant, lots and lots of bass, it makes them thump harder and dosent bleed at all into the mids, it has some mid bass in there so i dont use it too much, but if you fell that they need more sub and mid bass then that this is the amp you should be looking for.

PS: advise when buying make sure you get the L9 or the L3, i have the L9 and its a bit strange you should mabey get the L3 , it does add a bit more bulk but i think it might be better in the long run, i am not sure so my advice would be to be save and get the L9 or any other brand of your liking( you should do some more resherch in them preferably try them when you are buying it)

Apr 19, 2012 at 9:42 AM Post #635 of 1,216

Quote:
I take back my statement of the atrio's wires.

They are getting a lil stiff.
Anyone have reports of them breaking/cracking yet?

mine are stiff and craking at the bottem of the iem, were the wire leads into the iem, that rubber part is stating to slowly decay from the bottem

i like the stiff wires, its like meory wire

Apr 19, 2012 at 9:42 AM Post #636 of 1,216

Quote:

My v2 wires have not cracked after use for more than 3 years. It was the right angled connector that gave way though. On a brighter note, just received my tracking number from Heather for my new pair. 
biggrin.gif

Apr 19, 2012 at 9:46 AM Post #637 of 1,216
DUDE mine are almost 5 Years old! I mishandle them all the time. I throw them into the bottom of my backpack and if not in use I throw them into a big box. While walking down the street it got tangled by passer by and they pulled my earpiece out of my ear and no issues.
Quote:

Apr 19, 2012 at 1:07 PM Post #642 of 1,216
Apr 19, 2012 at 1:40 PM Post #644 of 1,216
Quote:
no offence to the reviewer - but that is exaggerating a hell of a lot.
These were so easy to put in...what is he talking about lol?

and that guy even is a reseller of Aurisonics...talk about fit anyone? haha ahhh.

I had fit problems with the Atrios too and ended up getting custom sleeves for them.  My ASG-1s fit and seal perfectly out of the box, so it really depends on the ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back