Future Sonics Atrio MG7 Review and Appreciation thread
Apr 18, 2012 at 1:24 PM Post #618 of 1,216
Hey guys, 
 Just looked on the Atrios/ FutureSonics website because I reeeeally want these MG7's but couldn't find them on the website! I found them on Amazon for £114/€140 but saw the discount code and thought it looked brilliant but obviously the coupon is irrelevant if i can't actually find them, just the MG5's with the mg7 driver, but a previous poster said to get the new ones so IDK..... any help?
Thanks

Apr 18, 2012 at 1:27 PM Post #619 of 1,216

Quote:
Hey guys, 
 Just looked on the Atrios/ FutureSonics website because I reeeeally want these MG7's but couldn't find them on the website! I found them on Amazon for £114/€140 but saw the discount code and thought it looked brilliant but obviously the coupon is irrelevant if i can't actually find them, just the MG5's with the mg7 driver, but a previous poster said to get the new ones so IDK..... any help?
Thanks

You'd wana be looking here: http://www.mcssl.com/store/futuresonics/atrio-model-m5-black-professional-earphones

It's all a bit confusing; the Atrio M5 has the MG7 driver. Tricky, eh?

EDIT: you can also find them here: http://www.atrio.me/categories/atrio%C2%AE-%252d-Pro/

Apr 18, 2012 at 2:17 PM Post #620 of 1,216

Quote:
You'd wana be looking here: http://www.mcssl.com/store/futuresonics/atrio-model-m5-black-professional-earphones

It's all a bit confusing; the Atrio M5 has the MG7 driver. Tricky, eh?

EDIT: you can also find them here: http://www.atrio.me/categories/atrio%C2%AE-%252d-Pro/

his in the UK.
His best bet is amazon.co.uk via handheld audio (HHA)

or if he wants to benefit from the code, contact atrio.me, heather will deal with your order:
Shipping costs $25.
So that's $125 = £78 vs £120

Apr 18, 2012 at 11:44 PM Post #621 of 1,216
hay guys i recantly bought a pair of these atrios as they were reccomended to me, i paid full price for these :frowning2: sadley as i am in hk but i am no way dissapointment in any way at all, these were totaly worth it, but know i am considring to get the costem sleeves, anyboedy have had any improvement to the sound or anything, will i see any diffrence in sound?

they currently have a 25 hour burn - in should i do it longer as i am experncing alot of sibliance and its anooying

i currently am running them out of a fillo 11 just for that extra sensitvity eg quicker dirvers, i do notice a larger soundstage

Apr 19, 2012 at 12:27 AM Post #622 of 1,216

Quote:
hay guys i recantly bought a pair of these atrios as they were reccomended to me, i paid full price for these :frowning2: sadley as i am in hk but i am no way dissapointment in any way at all, these were totaly worth it, but know i am considring to get the costem sleeves, anyboedy have had any improvement to the sound or anything, will i see any diffrence in sound?

they currently have a 25 hour burn - in should i do it longer as i am experncing alot of sibliance and its anooying

i currently am running them out of a fillo 11 just for that extra sensitvity eg quicker dirvers, i do notice a larger soundstage

Can you please let me know how much of a difference there is between running them out of a Fiio E11 compared to an average source like an iPod or computer? I own a pair of Atrios and am thinking about getting the Fiio E11.

In terms of burn-in, I would definitely do longer than 25 hours. I remember mine used to be very sibilant, almost to the point where I wanted to get rid of them, but practically all of the sibilance goes away after continued use. I think mine are fully burned in now and the high end sounds great and clear.

Apr 19, 2012 at 12:32 AM Post #623 of 1,216
An amp will improve the sound from the Atrios, the extra power will make them feel fuller and expand the sound stage a bit more. foamy tips will increase the bass and so if you want them brighter you can try the silicon tips. Also the Atrios responds very well to being EQued.

Apr 19, 2012 at 12:44 AM Post #624 of 1,216

Quote:
An amp will improve the sound from the Atrios, the extra power will make them feel fuller and expand the sound stage a bit more. foamy tips will increase the bass and so if you want them brighter you can try the silicon tips. Also the Atrios responds very well to being EQued.

Yea when I use them with my E6 amp the soundstage does get wider and I think they already have decent depth without an amp.

Apr 19, 2012 at 12:50 AM Post #625 of 1,216

Quote:

You may want to refer to this review here. It's what convinced me to take the plunge and get a pair for my Atrios :)

Apr 19, 2012 at 1:02 AM Post #626 of 1,216
I agree that a below $200 dollar universal earphone wont in most cases become a 1300 dollar one in terms of sound stage. But these Atrios are a lot better then any below $400. If the goal is for a wider and fuller sound stage then you will have to go with a custom such as the Atrios big brother the Future Sonics MG6Pro.
Quote:

You may want to refer to this review here. It's what convinced me to take the plunge and get a pair for my Atrios :)

Apr 19, 2012 at 1:10 AM Post #627 of 1,216

Quote:
I agree that a below $200 dollar universal earphone wont in most cases become a 1300 dollar one in terms of sound stage. But these Atrios are a lot better then any below $400. If the goal is for a wider and fuller sound stage then you will have to go with a custom such as the Atrios big brother the Future Sonics MG6Pro.

That is definitely true, but I've also read about how FS believes in creating products that all follow a certain signature. You'll hear it in the MG7s and you'll hear it in the Ear Monitors series of CIEMs too, although to varying degrees.

On the topic of SofterWear Sleeves (the custom ones that FS does for their Atrios), I did indeed find that the mids came a bit more forward. The vocals on all my tracks became just that tad bit more engaging. I also experienced a tightening up of the bass. Lastly, I also heard a sweetening of the highs. They are still there, but warmer and blending with the mids. 

What FS is strong at is achieving a coherent sound with a single dynamic driver, and to me, the SofterWear Sleeves have helped my Atrios to sound even more coherent and engaging. I'm really excited to use them for live music monitoring for the first time tonight. Will give you guys a shout here on my experience!

Apr 19, 2012 at 1:16 AM Post #628 of 1,216
I really enjoy the sound from the Atrios it makes me feel I am really listening to music from a turntable. I like the simplicity and durability of them as well. Mine are getting close to 5 years and I have been throwing them into my backpack while on the go.
Quote:

That is definitely true, but I've also read about how FS believes in creating products that all follow a certain signature. You'll hear it in the MG7s and you'll hear it in the Ear Monitors series of CIEMs too, although to varying degrees.

On the topic of SofterWear Sleeves (the custom ones that FS does for their Atrios), I did indeed find that the mids came a bit more forward. The vocals on all my tracks became just that tad bit more engaging. I also experienced a tightening up of the bass. Lastly, I also heard a sweetening of the highs. They are still there, but warmer and blending with the mids. 

What FS is strong at is achieving a coherent sound with a single dynamic driver, and to me, the SofterWear Sleeves have helped my Atrios to sound even more coherent and engaging. I'm really excited to use them for live music monitoring for the first time tonight. Will give you guys a shout here on my experience!

Apr 19, 2012 at 3:27 AM Post #629 of 1,216
Finally received my atrio's today. I'm very pleased with them thus far. I actually expected a little more bass impact... more along the lines of the MDT. It still has the best bass of any IEM I own currently, in quantity and quality. I absolutely LOVE how bass guitars are sounding. With the Dual flanges I think the soundstage is actually pretty decent. I've been comparing it to my JVC FXT90 which has very good depth, the atrios aren't far behind and actually have better width. The FXT90's have better treble extension, Timbre is really good on both, and I'd put the atrio's ahead (only slightly though) in almost every other category. I highly recommend the dual flanges.... you lose a little bass impact but the sound becomes much more open to my ears.

I've kind of gone on a headphone buying spree lately picking up the UM3x, EX1000, Atrio's, and have an FX700 on the way. A quick comparison to the UM3x and FXT90 tell me the atrio's are quality in-ear's and can hold their own against both in enjoyment factor.
gs1000.gif

Apr 19, 2012 at 3:44 AM Post #630 of 1,216
Wait until they get burned in and they do very well amped and EQued. If you think they are good well maybe one day you can try their custom MG6Pro it will blow you away.
Quote:
Finally received my atrio's today. I'm very pleased with them thus far. I actually expected a little more bass impact... more along the lines of the MDT. It still has the best bass of any IEM I own currently, in quantity and quality. I absolutely LOVE how bass guitars are sounding. With the Dual flanges I think the soundstage is actually pretty decent. I've been comparing it to my JVC FXT90 which has very good depth, the atrios aren't far behind and actually have better width. The FXT90's have better treble extension, Timbre is really good on both, and I'd put the atrio's ahead (only slightly though) in almost every other category. I highly recommend the dual flanges.... you lose a little bass impact but the sound becomes much more open to my ears.

I've kind of gone on a headphone buying spree lately picking up the UM3x, EX1000, Atrio's, and have an FX700 on the way. A quick comparison to the UM3x and FXT90 tell me the atrio's are quality in-ear's and can hold their own against both in enjoyment factor.
gs1000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back