Future Sonics Atrio MG7 Review and Appreciation thread
Apr 15, 2012 at 3:54 PM Post #571 of 1,216
I bought a pair of MG7 in January 2012 with the discount code and received them within 10. F.S. is not happy Atrio hasn't returned their emails. I think we will know more Mon/Tues.

Apr 15, 2012 at 9:57 PM Post #572 of 1,216

Quote:
I am not sure about that dsnuts. A while back in this thread I believe someone inquired about that code and the response was that it was a discount for their friends and family and that they were not going to change the code. But who knows, maybe they are awaiting stock from FS.

I read that, too.  It was an e-mail from them saying that the code was for friends and family, and they had decided to treat everybody as their friends.  Eric was the name of the main (or only) contact with atrio.me

Apr 16, 2012 at 12:27 AM Post #574 of 1,216

I use the Shure foamies on my Atrios.
Quote:
You actually get better sound out of stock foams? that's interesting...........and how do u know "[size=x-small]the foams project the exact sound FS intended."[/size]
[size=x-small]I personally do not find the vocalist right there with me, rather they sing from a close distance.[/size]

Apr 16, 2012 at 12:33 AM Post #576 of 1,216

If they didnt have that rolling balls of bass then their mids and highs would shine as they do with the weaker earphones. EQ the bass down and they will be neutral which for many is bass lite sounds.
Quote:
Depends for me, I think it struggles on some on the more complex tunes. But I think that's an inherent problem with having deep and pronounced bass.

Apr 16, 2012 at 12:36 AM Post #577 of 1,216

true but on certain songs I do like the bass to over power and this can be easily achieved with the EQ. The Atrios are great and reacts well when EQued.
Quote:
Yeah I would have to agree. I feel like the atrios are one of the only dynamic headphones where the low end does not overpower the mids and highs

Apr 16, 2012 at 12:41 AM Post #578 of 1,216

Well if you like the Atrios but you found the soundstage not as wide as you would have liked them to be then its big brother MG6pro will give that for you. The Future Sonics MG6pros sound stage is very big and very detailed. The MG6pro also have 4 times more bass and hits a lot harder. The bass can easily be controlled if needed by changing the size of the vents. There are 4 sizes and each will change the all around sound. Another way of getting the sound you desire is by changing the stock cable.
Quote:
I loved the atrio's so much! I loved every single part of them except for the soundstage. That really was a deal breaker for me... I love a huge soundstage.  I can see, that the atrio m5's will have a fairly compact sound-stage.  That is their only drawback aside from a darker sound signature, which is mainly preference.

Apr 16, 2012 at 12:52 AM Post #579 of 1,216
I agree, for me this is the defining characteristic of the Atrio - they can be ridiculous with the bass when you want them to, like for modern electronic/dance tracks, but if you EQ them down they do a pretty good imitation of a neutral, "monitor" headphone as well.

Quote:
true but on certain songs I do like the bass to over power and this can be easily achieved with the EQ. The Atrios are great and reacts well when EQued.

Apr 16, 2012 at 12:53 AM Post #580 of 1,216

The JH13 has med bass which is not sub bass and its BA cant touch the dynamic driver on the Atrios. Also compare the price between them. Pay a lot more for less lows but the mids and highs are clearer on the JH13 but can be too bright on many tracks.
Quote:

To me they don't need a bump in the highs, but the MG7's mids needs a good kick in the ass to bump it up to what I consider proper.

Untouchable sub-bass? JH13 + Asus ST Eq'ed to '+20dB at 30Hz'. 'Nuf said. That's just being silly though
tongue.gif
. I think the IE8 is comparable but the MG7 doesn't have that pain in the ass mid bass hump the IE8 shoves in your face.

Apr 16, 2012 at 6:13 AM Post #583 of 1,216

Quote:
Man, you should be all over them about that, & contact them by phone and/or email today.  They should have been there weeks ago regardless of courier.

I ordered a pair on Thursday, and I am already asking them for order status as I noticed they charged my CC right after I placed the order.

I did send them a mail after they charged me inquiring about my order status unfortunately they have yet to reply and I have a bad feeling they won't.

Apr 16, 2012 at 7:25 AM Post #584 of 1,216

Quote:
I did send them a mail after they charged me inquiring about my order status unfortunately they have yet to reply and I have a bad feeling they won't.

All I can think of is that it may be held up in customs which can take anywhere from a few days to weeks.  I know I'm in the US but I got mine 6 days after I ordered them but this was a couple weeks ago.  When I asked for a tracking number for my ordered they never responded but I only emailed them once so you should just keep trying, over 3 weeks seems longer than it should have taken but I don't know how your country's customs is either.

Apr 16, 2012 at 12:02 PM Post #585 of 1,216
Just got an order update and it was shupped today. No tracking number provided but I sent an email to request for one. Here's the email I received:

[size=11pt]Hey,[/size]

[size=11pt]I am following up on this case number to make sure you have been taken care of and everything has been dealt with.[/size]

[size=11pt]We have been backed up in the shipping department – I’m trying to clear things up to make sure everyone has been taken care of. If you have not already received your package, you should very shortly.  [/size]

[size=11pt]Thanks for being so patient.  [/size]

[size=11pt]Heather[/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back