Future Sonics Atrio MG7 Review and Appreciation thread
Apr 13, 2012 at 4:44 PM Post #541 of 1,216
Spoke to Future Sonics. They are on this and apparently do view this site and attempting to contact their distributor, Atrio.
The person I spoke with was very professional and committed to resolve this issue.

Apr 13, 2012 at 4:56 PM Post #542 of 1,216
That's good news. I hope they manage to solve the problem fast.

And then now it's up to me to decide to order the MG7 with the risk of getting stiff cables (offcourse with the discount) or if I should order the HiSoundAudio Crystal IEMs.
Any ideas?

If I understood correctly both are great bass IEMs and that's what I'm after. At this moment I have a pair of Q-Jays, they are great sounding but I think they cannot go loud enough, and they lack bass.

Apr 13, 2012 at 4:58 PM Post #543 of 1,216

Quote:
Spoke to Future Sonics. They are on this and apparently do view this site and attempting to contact their distributor, Atrio.
The person I spoke with was very professional and committed to resolve this issue.

Nice I hope that wakes up someone there. Because of headfi they are getting all sorts of orders with no one to fill them it looks like. By the time those guys react to what is happening I will get my order from HongKong for some other earphones I ordered a week after I ordered the MG7s. Weak.

Apr 13, 2012 at 5:04 PM Post #544 of 1,216

Quote:

And then now it's up to me to decide to order the MG7 with the risk of getting stiff cables (offcourse with the discount) or if I should order the HiSoundAudio Crystal IEMs.
Any ideas?

If I understood correctly both are great bass IEMs and that's what I'm after. At this moment I have a pair of Q-Jays, they are great sounding but I think they cannot go loud enough, and they lack bass.

I'll be getting the Hisound crystals soon - so I could provide you with a comparison :)

And "stiff wire" little exaggeration.
No Se530 type thing.

I agree they aren't the BEST wires...but at least I feel these are durable, and non-breakable, unlike the Sony range.

Apr 13, 2012 at 5:15 PM Post #546 of 1,216
I've had the MG7 before and the sub bass is amazing! And without much mid bass, which I found unique, especially coming from IE80.
Never heard HISoundAudio Crystal IEM's.  I'm going to check out joker's review.
IMO, for $99, the MG7 is a no brainer. Joker gave them an 8.8 for SQ and a 9.0 for value for the list price. At this discount price, it would be at least 9.5. 

Quote:

Any ideas?

Apr 13, 2012 at 5:16 PM Post #548 of 1,216
So that this can remain an appreciation thread, it should be noted that the seller who has taken discounted orders and is unreachable is not the maker of the product. Perhaps get the discussion back on track as to the attributes of the MG5 with MG7 driver.

Apr 13, 2012 at 6:23 PM Post #550 of 1,216
I loved the atrio's so much! I loved every single part of them except for the soundstage. That really was a deal breaker for me... I love a huge soundstage.  I can see, that the atrio m5's will have a fairly compact sound-stage.  That is their only drawback aside from a darker sound signature, which is mainly preference.

Apr 13, 2012 at 6:57 PM Post #551 of 1,216

Quote:
I loved the atrio's so much! I loved every single part of them except for the soundstage. That really was a deal breaker for me... I love a huge soundstage.  I can see, that the atrio m5's will have a fairly compact sound-stage.  That is their only drawback aside from a darker sound signature, which is mainly preference.

I owned a pair of M5s and don't recall the soundstage being an issue. Another pair are on the way and this time I will pay more attention, especially coming from EX1000.
Joker made reference to the soundstage being average size in his review. I didn't find them dark as there is no midbass hump and only when the song calls for sub bass is it heard.  Each of us hears differently.

Apr 13, 2012 at 7:27 PM Post #552 of 1,216

Quote:
Well I tried to send the people of Atrio.me an e-mail but until now no response. Neither on a facebook message and a twitter message.
Was wondering why they don't ship to The Netherlands. Wanted to order with the 50% discount code. But until now, no luck :frowning2:

edit:
Looks like I'm not the only one....
After reading some messages, I'm starting to doubt if I should buy these because of the cable that's getting stiff, and if I should try to find some other kind of IEM

the email issue is one thing , if guys would try 303 protectant wipes on their cables , maybe once a month after a non drying , no oil sapping cleaning wipe or so to ensure long life that would be another...

Apr 13, 2012 at 7:42 PM Post #553 of 1,216

Quote:
I owned a pair of M5s and don't recall the soundstage being an issue. Another pair are on the way and this time I will pay more attention, especially coming from EX1000.
Joker made reference to the soundstage being average size in his review. I didn't find them dark as there is no midbass hump and only when the song calls for sub bass is it heard.  Each of us hears differently.

Maybe average is a better adjective.  But when your coming from the sennheiser ie8/80 series, the TF10, the gr07, the fxt-90's.  They all have HUGE soundstages.

Apr 13, 2012 at 8:03 PM Post #554 of 1,216
I understand as I've had FXT90, IE80 and have TF10. But how about that awesome subbass! :)
As you said, you love everything except the soundstage. All phones have their drawbacks, and for its price and listening to electronic music, jazz or rock, the MG7s are superb.

Apr 13, 2012 at 8:17 PM Post #555 of 1,216

Quote:
I understand as I've had FXT90, IE80 and have TF10. But how about that awesome subbass!
smily_headphones1.gif

As you said, you love everything except the soundstage. All phones have their drawbacks, and for its price and listening to electronic music, jazz or rock, the MG7s are superb.

haha dude.... that sub-bass is like "WOOHHHHHH" everytime you pop them in the good ol' aural canals.  idk about jazz though... I like hearing where the instrument placement is! hip-hop, electronic, rock. anything with some bump to it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back