Future Sonics Atrio MG7 Review and Appreciation thread
Apr 8, 2012 at 9:09 AM Post #511 of 1,216

Quote:
Btw, don't get me wrong, these are the best $95 I've ever spent on audio.
I think those mdts are feeling closer and closer to those fs forums.
These are my current main earphones, ones that i preferred over the asg-1s for example.
I wish in the future, they could make these with less microphonics and with a little nicer look and feel.

I don't like the build quality of the MG7. The cable has gone stiff on me after 2 months of use and the rubberised part of the earpiece is wearing off and is tearing apart a bit. Same problems that I've had with the old v2 Atrio, except they cost me $300 back then and sounded way worse than these MG7's did.

Am I treating them right? Well it's the only iem I have ever had any issues like that with them so yes, I am.

Apr 8, 2012 at 9:35 AM Post #512 of 1,216

Quote:
I don't like the build quality of the MG7. The cable has gone stiff on me after 2 months of use and the rubberised part of the earpiece is wearing off and is tearing apart a bit. Same problems that I've had with the old v2 Atrio, except they cost me $300 back then and sounded way worse than these MG7's did.

Am I treating them right? Well it's the only iem I have ever had any issues like that with them so yes, I am.

my wire is getting stiff-ish too - its not only you!

That's one of the reasons I'm inclined to keep the MDT's really.

Apr 8, 2012 at 9:43 AM Post #513 of 1,216

Quote:
my wire is getting stiff-ish too - its not only you!

That's one of the reasons I'm inclined to keep the MDT's really.

It's the reason why I feel like I will be getting these warrantised, and subsequently sold off in the future.

Apr 8, 2012 at 8:35 PM Post #514 of 1,216

Quote:
I'm using the Comply P-Series.

I've used the stock tips - but they just hurt my ears.
And then I used the foamies for a while, but they weren't that comfortable for long periods of time.

God these P-series, do the MG7's a lot of justice - SO MUCH more comfortable, and A LOT better isolation :)

They really are fantastic. I put them on my Etymotics first, and I was shocked at the improvement...so I did the same thing with the Atrios, and I've been just as happy with the results. I've heard a few people say they didn't care for them, but far many more positive posts about them. And you're right about the isolation. I cannot hear a THING when I have them in. Totally worth the 15-20 bucks, IMO.

Apr 11, 2012 at 12:08 AM Post #515 of 1,216
So how long does atrio.me take to ship out these headphones? I bought them on April 2 and it's still listed as Awaiting Fulfillment. Been waiting for 9 days and never responded to my messages.

Apr 11, 2012 at 12:51 AM Post #516 of 1,216

Quote:
So how long does atrio.me take to ship out these headphones? I bought them on April 2 and it's still listed as Awaiting Fulfillment. Been waiting for 9 days and never responded to my messages.

Just send 'em an email...they'll respond very quickly and take care of you.

Apr 12, 2012 at 12:43 AM Post #518 of 1,216

Quote:
thats complete n utter BS

I am having the exact same issue. I have no idea how long it will take for these guys to ship my earphone. They got my money but it is like since the code works and we got a better deal. It seems to me that these guys want us to eventually just cancel order. Otherwise I have no idea why they aren't doing a damn thing..It would be awesome if someone from there cared about sending stuff out. If the site lets you use the code and they take your money...I got my other new earphones shipped already from Hong Kong from AccessoryJack and I ordered from these guys almost a week later..

Apr 12, 2012 at 12:52 AM Post #520 of 1,216
I just check the status of my order made April 5. It states: awaiting fulfillment.  I sent them an email requesting what "awaiting fulfullment" means as to when I can expect to receive the phones.
Let's see how they reply.

Apr 12, 2012 at 12:54 AM Post #521 of 1,216

Quote:
I ordered mine last week and inquired about having them shipped  2nd day air and never received a response.

I just sent them a email. I told them there are a bunch of headfi members pissed at the moment. Lol! Ya it is like they took a permanent vacation. Great customer service. Oh wait. What customer service?

Apr 12, 2012 at 1:41 AM Post #523 of 1,216
I remember it taking a while when I ordered mine -- probably something like 10 days to arrive at my door from the time of order.  This was back in November or December I believe (and before there was a code).  I wouldn't be surprised if they are unable to keep up with demand given that it's a small outfit and a lot of people are ordering using the code.

Apr 12, 2012 at 1:56 AM Post #524 of 1,216
I ordered mines on April 2nd and still no response through my account and their email. Maybe I should just cancel it and switch to CKS77 instead.

Apr 12, 2012 at 2:02 AM Post #525 of 1,216

Quote:
thats complete n utter BS

Easy there, killer. I happen to own a pair and had the exact same issue. I've received excellent and timely customer service.

Send an email to Eric and he'll take care of you. Here is the email: [size=10.0pt]eric.pilon-bignell@VitaSound.com[/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back