Future Sonics Atrio MG7 Review and Appreciation thread
Mar 28, 2012 at 9:31 PM Post #436 of 1,216

Quote:
I totally agree.  I feel like they almost need an amp or a better audio source to truly open up the Sound Stage.

Maybe that's why I haven't understood some of the comments made about these IEMs....I've only used them with my Fiio E11 or my ZO2, and I have loved every minute. For a hundred bucks, this is fantastic sound to my ears.

Mar 28, 2012 at 10:15 PM Post #437 of 1,216

Quote:
Maybe that's why I haven't understood some of the comments made about these IEMs....I've only used them with my Fiio E11 or my ZO2, and I have loved every minute. For a hundred bucks, this is fantastic sound to my ears.

With or without an amp... You cant beat the phones for 100 dollars.  I probably need to give them another listen. I'm still listening to my vsonic gr07 which I find over time evolves into a way more mature sounding earphone than the atrio(especially in soundstage) I need to get an amp. On another side note. Im going to just run the m5's through the gates of hell.  I'm going to stress it through 7 days of straight audio max volume and neutral pre-amp.  Ill see if there is a burn-in effect

Mar 29, 2012 at 11:34 AM Post #438 of 1,216
Speaking of ZO or ZO2, where do you guys leave the setting at when used with MG7?

Mar 29, 2012 at 12:05 PM Post #439 of 1,216

Quote:
Speaking of ZO or ZO2, where do you guys leave the setting at when used with MG7?

I like mine in the yellow area, sort of just before it starts turning orange.

Mar 29, 2012 at 4:17 PM Post #441 of 1,216
I just burned these in for around 18 hours at max volume 6db of pre-amp and a flat EQ on itunes.  They have definetly mellowed out.  The soundstage is about 2x wider, the sub-bass is HUGE now. Idk what happened. But suddenly the bass became deep, powerful, and low.

Mar 31, 2012 at 6:58 PM Post #442 of 1,216
How long do these usually take to show up after being shipped? They were shipped on the 23rd. Just curious. Never received a tracking number.. O_o

Apr 1, 2012 at 4:30 AM Post #444 of 1,216
Just based on the first page when asked what is your typical source I have to ask are your source files encoded from raw eac or flac rips ....
 not knowin where you are streaming or downloading from if not your own rips the kbs is pretty much meaningless , and also whenever I rip I make sure the "Q" is of a high value .. example an EAC flac rip but encoded to 320kbs at Q2 would make for a file approximately twice as large and less compressed , less lossless than one I used a Q setting of 6 - which is deemed " normal quality " but I typically set it at if using for purposes other than my own audio ... 
 not to say kbs is meaningless but it's not a good means whatsoever of rating 

Apr 2, 2012 at 12:01 PM Post #445 of 1,216
I tried to use the CostProg50% coupon but it gave me this error:
  1. Sorry, the coupon code you have entered is invalid. Please check the code and try again.

Am I too late? Do you think they will offer the discount if I email them and ask for a discount?

Apr 2, 2012 at 1:21 PM Post #447 of 1,216
You're right. It was a noob of me. Went to Future Sonic's main website instead of atrio.me.

Apr 2, 2012 at 6:56 PM Post #448 of 1,216
After listening to these for 5 days now I can say I'm really enjoying these a lot.  I don't consider myself a bass head but the deep rumble these have make them so fun to listen to, its just very clean well textured hard hitting bass.  The mids also are very nice with good detail and they're not to forward or to recessed just centered very well.  Highs have some sparkle and crispness but without being overly bright and fatiguing though they lack some of the micro detail of other IEM's around they're price range.  The one part of the sound signature that changed a lot was the soundstage.  After a couple of days it started to open up and sound much better than it did out of the box and with my little E6 amp it sounds even wider though its still about avg but you get a good since of space and where everything is coming from.

For $109 shipped these are one of the best bang for buck IEM's around imo.  If the soundstage was just a little wider these would be a great top-tier IEM but as they are its still one of the most fun and enjoyable sounding pair I have.

Apr 4, 2012 at 1:24 PM Post #450 of 1,216
"Dsnuts I love what you do with your cheap IEM finds and everything but your wrong about the TF10.  Its perfect for what the op listens to and it has plenty of bass just maybe not as much as a IEM that has 'Solid Bass" in its name.  If the op wants more of a bass heavy IEM then the Atrio MG7 is the way to go and sound much better than the CKS77 and costs the same with the discount code at atrio.me.  I've never heard such powerful good sounding bass from a IEM before and though I'm not a bass head the MG7 just make music like hip hop and electronic sound amazing, its quickly becoming one of my favorite IEM's in my collection." 

Challenge accepted. MG7 ordered. Will do A/B comparisons to the CKS77..So far the Monster Miles Davis Tributes have lesser staging both in width and depth. Lesser detail, lesser cleaner mids and highs and the lesser quantity and quality bass to the CKS77.  The CKS77 bass is a hair shy of the Vpulse but is about equal in the sub bass region. I hope your right techno kid. I want something to best the CKS77 so far nothing I have touches the big roomy sound of the CKS77. I hope these have the bigger roomier sound. Just because you said these are better I am getting them to hear for myself. Will A/B them to hear for myself which one will be better. 

I am seeing how the MG7 might be similar in many ways to the CKS77 but I honestly doubt these will have the depth or width in sound of the CKS77. So far nothing I have even comes close.  Double chamber anyone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back