Future Sonics Atrio MG7 Review and Appreciation thread
Feb 15, 2012 at 1:58 PM Post #226 of 1,216

Sure, rub it in.  Still haven't received mine yet.  Shipped on the 3rd (also ordered from Atrio.me).  The really sad part is that I can drive to Atrio's door in about 7 hours.  I've contacted them via their website a couple of times for a status and have received no response.  FWIW, I ordered the black Atrio Pro M5 w/ the MG7 driver.

You can call them I left a voicemail to ask when mine would ship I'm impatient it was like 7pm on a Friday. I received an e-mail the next day stating they would ship Monday. I then got an e-mail that provided me with the tracking number. The person that sent it asked that I provide feedback after I got to listen to them. Seemed solid.

Feb 15, 2012 at 2:01 PM Post #227 of 1,216
For all the lack of good customer service experience, keep in mind that atrio.me and Future Sonics USA are not the same.  Here's a email contact from atrio.me you can try that may get a quicker response: [size=x-small][size=10.0pt]eric.pilon-bignell@vitasound.com[/size][/size]

Feb 15, 2012 at 4:10 PM Post #228 of 1,216

Quote:
Sure, rub it in.  Still haven't received mine yet.  Shipped on the 3rd (also ordered from Atrio.me).  The really sad part is that I can drive to Atrio's door in about 7 hours.  I've contacted them via their website a couple of times for a status and have received no response.  FWIW, I ordered the black Atrio Pro M5 w/ the MG7 driver.

Hey seslwr, I would advise to do what alphaphoenix said and e-mail Eric Pilon-Bignell ASAP at eric.pilon-bignell@vitasound.com ASAP explaining your situation and giving your order #.

I am in the same situation as you as I said before, and after getting no response from my e-mails/messages I decided to call the number listed on their website, 1-877-967-0742. Someone picked up right away and I was able to tell him my situation. An hour later, I got this e-mail from Eric.

"
[size=11.0pt]Hi Andrew,[/size]
[size=11.0pt]I am not sure why your email were not getting through and we are having our servers check as I write this email.[/size]
[size=11.0pt]I will personally follow this with you to make sure you get your earphones![/size]

[size=11.0pt]I am looking into why you did you receive your package already.[/size]

[size=11.0pt]In the mean time I have got them to send you out a new one ASAP.[/size]
[size=11.0pt]UPS tracking number : [] "[/size]

I'm pretty happy at the way they handled this but I'm still annoyed at the fact it's almost two weeks and I still haven't gotten my atrios. I'm guessing maybe the servers were swamped/glitchy and it sent out a notice that our items had been shipped when they hadn't.  I'd prob be a lot more annoyed if it wasn't for the fact I bought the Ultrasone Pro 900 and received it two Fridays ago, so I'm perfectly happy with that so far. I got the Atrios since it was such a good deal and my eytomotics were falling apart while my Monster Pro Gold are still with Monster and I prob won't get a new box for another month...

Feb 15, 2012 at 8:25 PM Post #229 of 1,216

Quote:

Hey seslwr, I would advise to do what alphaphoenix said and e-mail Eric Pilon-Bignell ASAP at eric.pilon-bignell@vitasound.com ASAP explaining your situation and giving your order #.

I am in the same situation as you as I said before, and after getting no response from my e-mails/messages I decided to call the number listed on their website, 1-877-967-0742. Someone picked up right away and I was able to tell him my situation. An hour later, I got this e-mail from Eric.

"
[size=11.0pt]Hi Andrew,[/size]
[size=11.0pt]I am not sure why your email were not getting through and we are having our servers check as I write this email.[/size]
[size=11.0pt]I will personally follow this with you to make sure you get your earphones![/size]

[size=11.0pt]I am looking into why you did you receive your package already.[/size]

[size=11.0pt]In the mean time I have got them to send you out a new one ASAP.[/size]
[size=11.0pt]UPS tracking number : [] "[/size]

I'm pretty happy at the way they handled this but I'm still annoyed at the fact it's almost two weeks and I still haven't gotten my atrios. I'm guessing maybe the servers were swamped/glitchy and it sent out a notice that our items had been shipped when they hadn't.  I'd prob be a lot more annoyed if it wasn't for the fact I bought the Ultrasone Pro 900 and received it two Fridays ago, so I'm perfectly happy with that so far. I got the Atrios since it was such a good deal and my eytomotics were falling apart while my Monster Pro Gold are still with Monster and I prob won't get a new box for another month...

That Eric Pilon-Bignell is exactly who I got e-mails from with when they would ship tracking number etc. On a different topic these Ultrasone HFI-780's are so awesome I am really curious how the Pro 900's compare.

Feb 16, 2012 at 9:28 AM Post #230 of 1,216
I sent an e-mail to Eric and received a reply back in a few minutes.  Like "rank", he's sending out another unit to me today (they already sent me a UPS tracking #).  It appears that there was a glitch in their system and some U.S. orders got shipped out from Canada.  Those orders are probably stuck in customs and may be for several weeks.  Apparently, Atrio has a warehouse in the U.S. that domestic orders should originate from.  I think this is the reason why we're seeing some people in the U.S receiving their earphones in 2-3 days (U.S. warehouse), while others are taking 10+ days (from Canada).  

Feb 16, 2012 at 10:28 AM Post #231 of 1,216

Quote:
I sent an e-mail to Eric and received a reply back in a few minutes.  Like "rank", he's sending out another unit to me today (they already sent me a UPS tracking #).  It appears that there was a glitch in their system and some U.S. orders got shipped out from Canada.  Those orders are probably stuck in customs and may be for several weeks.  Apparently, Atrio has a warehouse in the U.S. that domestic orders should originate from.  I think this is the reason why we're seeing some people in the U.S receiving their earphones in 2-3 days (U.S. warehouse), while others are taking 10+ days (from Canada).  

Yeah mine ordered from Atrio.me were shipped from a Warehouse in PA, USA. You will like them I am sure currently listening to them at work with my new Audinst HUD-MX1 makes it almost feel like I get paid to listen to music 8 hours a day.

Feb 16, 2012 at 10:34 AM Post #232 of 1,216

Quote:

just out of interest - could you ask him, why there are 2 cases for the MG7's?

One being a special edition one and one being a normal box, with a normal case?

Feb 16, 2012 at 7:18 PM Post #233 of 1,216
So I'd like to update this thread to say I received my atrios today! Very happy that I was able to get it in a day basically after informing them of my problem. Eric really knows how to handle these situations.

Feb 16, 2012 at 7:24 PM Post #234 of 1,216

Quote:
So I'd like to update this thread to say I received my atrios today! Very happy that I was able to get it in a day basically after informing them of my problem. Eric really knows how to handle these situations.

great!

What are your impressions - and what have u previously owned in order to compare (is possible :)?)

Feb 16, 2012 at 8:10 PM Post #235 of 1,216
Finally went over to Fedex and picked up the replacement pair. Funny thing is, the um3x nozzle came off (again!) just yesterday. I guess I really made the right choice of getting the atrios for a back-up. Have to burn them in again. Currently sounds very muddy, almost claustrophobic. Mids are very recessed. And kudos to Futuresonics and Eric for the awesome service.

Feb 16, 2012 at 8:18 PM Post #236 of 1,216

Quote:
Finally went over to Fedex and picked up the replacement pair. Funny thing is, the um3x nozzle came off (again!) just yesterday. I guess I really made the right choice of getting the atrios for a back-up. Have to burn them in again. Currently sounds very muddy, almost claustrophobic. Mids are very recessed. And kudos to Futuresonics and Eric for the awesome service.

Keep playing with fit.  Even though the notes are very thick, I never found them muddy.  Dark, sure but not muddy.  For me, I didn't find the mids recessed or forward but somewhere in between.  I think they also have a clear top end, if subdued and very laid back.

Feb 16, 2012 at 8:24 PM Post #237 of 1,216
Yeah I did experiment with many tips before, and found the default double flange tips to sound the best. But they are just so damn uncomfortable because of suction? pressure? I am getting the best fit with third party triple flange tips, which usually gives me good sound with other IEM's, but interestingly I found the atrios to be an exception. Decent sound with these tips, but even with burn in, I remember that the recessed mids didn't go away although the bass felt much more controlled/tamed. I'm happy enough with this compromise though.

Feb 16, 2012 at 10:05 PM Post #238 of 1,216

Quote:
Yeah I did experiment with many tips before, and found the default double flange tips to sound the best. But they are just so damn uncomfortable because of suction? pressure? I am getting the best fit with third party triple flange tips, which usually gives me good sound with other IEM's, but interestingly I found the atrios to be an exception. Decent sound with these tips, but even with burn in, I remember that the recessed mids didn't go away although the bass felt much more controlled/tamed. I'm happy enough with this compromise though.

I've found the best fit with the stock double flanges and are comfortable enough and relatively easy to remove, especially compared to foams.
You didn't like the fit with the triple flange tips?

I really like these phones and decided to keep them and just sell my FXT90.

Feb 16, 2012 at 10:20 PM Post #239 of 1,216

Quote:
2 Olear Can you compare more M5 to IE80?

2 All
Also interested about MG7:
1) Mids and highs
2) Hard rock music styles
3) Driver flex
4) Filters
5) Durability
6) Sources which you are using with Atrios

I have FXT90 and MG7 and after more listening, I decided to keep the MG7 and sell the FXTs.
IE80 vs MG7:
1. Atrios do not have a mid bass hump, the Senns have one depending on the track. The highs and mids on the Senns have more detail, have greater clarity and IMO a better sound. Neither are
    harsh or sibilant.
    The soundstage on the Senns are huge and spacious. It's like a full headphone.
2. I prefer MG7 for hard rock, electronic and especially dubstep and much prefer the Senns for jazz, pop (B.Joel, Eagles) and classical.
3. Neither
4. Never looked inside.
5. No complaints thus far with both, but the Senns are definitely built better and should be for their price.
6. Clip+ and iphone.  Love the Clip

Feb 16, 2012 at 10:31 PM Post #240 of 1,216
I received mine a few days ago and have really enjoyed my time with them. I am upgrading from a pair of Etymotic MC5s, which I also really liked. The Atrios best them in every way, and the low end is fantastic. I found that the Comply tips I had for the Etys are the same model that fits the Atrios, so I have been using those on both. I like the double flanged tips that came stock with the Atrios, but seemed like they were too position sensitive for my ears. The Complys seat securely and don't every move even a little, and the seal is perfect. I listened to the new Amos Lee album last night and thoroughly enjoyed the experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back