Future Sonics Atrio MG7 Review and Appreciation thread
Nov 30, 2013 at 1:14 PM Post #1,186 of 1,216
I get the Yamaha EPH 100 really is amazing sound! I am very happy with my notebook. The IE80 was very expensive for me now. Meaby in the future. The Yamaha one have nice bass but the deep bass is a little weak in my opinion. 

Dec 19, 2013 at 8:11 PM Post #1,187 of 1,216
Just found a package in my room with MG7s in them... Completely forgot I had sent them in for replacement 6+ months ago and no idea how or when they got back!

Oh how I've missed them! Been using the UE900s since I sent them back and I really missed the fun-factor of the MG7s.

Jan 17, 2014 at 5:20 AM Post #1,192 of 1,216
hope they retain the straight down iem style rather than over the ear

maybe a shorter design (a shorter rubber stem) on the rubber part as the end of the rubber portion is starting to get "flaky"

i dont know how i should describe it but it looks its slowly "peeling" and the end of the rubber is splitting apart.. i purely them them at home only for the past 1 year

Jan 18, 2014 at 10:57 AM Post #1,193 of 1,216

Apologies if this has been discussed before in this thread, but has anyone else noticed a big increase in quality using a headphone amp with the MG7s?

Yes, I was shocked when I plugged mine into my Little Dot I+ and Meier Corda Jazz. They actually scale up a good bit, which I didn't expect at all. Unfortunately it's not really feasible for me to use them with the headphone amp, though...I have my full size headphones for that. 

But yeah, if you really want to see how good these things are, plug them into an amp instead of your DAP or smart phone...they'll respond. 

Jan 19, 2014 at 2:28 PM Post #1,194 of 1,216

Yes, I was shocked when I plugged mine into my Little Dot I+ and Meier Corda Jazz. They actually scale up a good bit, which I didn't expect at all. Unfortunately it's not really feasible for me to use them with the headphone amp, though...I have my full size headphones for that. 

But yeah, if you really want to see how good these things are, plug them into an amp instead of your DAP or smart phone...they'll respond. 

You mean I could try that with an amp such as the crack??
blink.gif

Mar 6, 2014 at 11:21 AM Post #1,195 of 1,216
The Atrio MG7's seemed to be a great IEM. There was talk about Future Sonic replacing these with a new model. Does any one have info if anything is coming? Also, what other IEMs do you recommend that have the same characteristics of the Atrio's, and keep it under $200?

Apr 2, 2014 at 10:51 PM Post #1,196 of 1,216
Ordered a pair today - model 500-010 (built in smartphone controls).  Paid 170.00, and, took a lot of researching bass centric IEMs before I had enough confidence to click the 'buy' button.  Basically, I read through everything I could find on the matter here and elsewhere.  This includes the fine work joker and other's have done in reviews, threads and posts.  The problem with selecting an IEM (and this applies to any sound output device including amps, speakers and headphones) on research alone (not being able to actually listened to them first) is that to a degree, it is subjective.  Of course bad is always going to be bad, no matter who says what, but when you narrow the field down to a short list of qualified candidates, things get a little voodoo.  Just like tastes in music itself...people simply have different preferences.  I considered many models but eventually settled on the Atrio MG7's mainly because of all that had been written about them - both in posts and reviews.  While all of the IEMs on the short list had outstanding things written about them, it was the frequency and quantity of the remarks, and the passion with which they were made, regarding the MG7 that finally sold me on them.  That, and input from a couple of people here whose opinions I tend to trust.

Only time will tell if I made a good decision or not, but I am fairly confident about one thing - I now own a pair of kick ass bass earbuds.

In case anyone is interested, these are the models that made my short list (and I'm sure I am missing some):

Westone 3
JVC HA-FXT90 2
Hippo VB
Brainwavz M4
Ultimate Ears TF10 PRO
Radius DDM
JVC Kenwood Victor inner ear headphone HP-FX500
Audio Technica ATH-CKS77
Monster Turbine Pro Gold
Vsonic GR07         
Sony XBA-3
Atrio MG7           
JVC ATH-CK70 Pro
Denon C710      
Yamaha EPH-100
Panasonic HJE900
Sony MDR-XB90EX
Audio Technica ATH-IM50

May 27, 2014 at 10:04 AM Post #1,200 of 1,216
Anyone happens to know where i can get atrio ? I need shipping to Europe as well . The futuresonics only ships in the US and they are 200$ from their site

Users who are viewing this thread

Back