Further use of the 'HF-1' driver?
Feb 25, 2006 at 5:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

VR6ofpain

Headphoneus Supremus
Does anyone know if John is going to use this driver, or a new generation of drivers in the not to distant future? To me it would only make sense, considering the interest in the HF-1. I really think the driver separates itself away from every other headphone in their two lines currently.

I guess it could always have something to do with the housing/driver combination, but I still think John should drop that driver in some new cans.

Ya know what would be cool, an HF-1 driver/mahogany chamber with an MS-2i aluminum outer cup attached to it. Obviously keeping the MS-2i's leather pad too. That would be one cool can...

Feb 25, 2006 at 5:32 AM Post #2 of 9
I doubt it. one thing that remains consistent in Johns lineup is the individuality of each headphone. By that, I mean you rarely see a "parts mutt" if you will. That, so far appears to be his design philosophy, to reduce the amount of crossover from model to model. Each model is distinct and has its own unique attributes.

But... never say never....
Garrett

Feb 25, 2006 at 9:34 AM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Naris
Would still be nice to have a HF-1 style driver in a new model though. It did sell out rather quickly after all, and I'm sure not all of those sales were because it was limited edition...

id say 1/10 of the reason i bought it was because it was limited edition. i bought it faster because of that. But what really got me was the combination of the wood and the price
biggrin.gif

Feb 25, 2006 at 10:04 AM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by DieInAFire
i suspect the sound signature of the HF-1 has more to do with its wooden housing

It uses the same plastic driver housing as the rest of the SR line, though, doesn't it? Even the SR-325/325i has the plastic internal driver housing. The metal's just on the outside. If not, that could account for some of the differences in sound by comparison to its contemporaries, but I think I remember seeing it in pictures.

Feb 25, 2006 at 10:06 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by NotJeffBuckley
It uses the same plastic driver housing as the rest of the SR line, though, doesn't it? Even the SR-325/325i has the plastic internal driver housing. The metal's just on the outside. If not, that could account for some of the differences in sound by comparison to its contemporaries, but I think I remember seeing it in pictures.

The driver housing is wood, the cover is plastic.

Feb 25, 2006 at 4:26 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by NotJeffBuckley
Not that I disbelieve, but do you have any pictures of it? I'd like to see it again to check it out.

dscn62375fl.jpg

dscn63019lc.jpg

dscn63029ih.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back