Funny comments from the forums.
Mar 7, 2016 at 2:54 PM Post #737 of 958

Why putting a picture of cans you have never listened to as an Avatar? :p

Actually, I chose the avatar because I have a carpet the same colour as the surface that the cans are resting on. To be honest I hadn't even noticed there were headphones in the avatar

Mar 8, 2016 at 10:49 AM Post #738 of 958
This has been posted and PMed by an actual member:

Can you recommend me tubes which meet all these requirements:
They can be from any family. Whether you sell them or not. I can find on ebay if you want. Family or make doesn't matter. Just recommend the best for my purpose.

Neutral or slightly bright treble, shouldn't be warm. I don't need warm.
Extremely crisp, better than rca clear top
Super fast attack and prat, better than rca clear top
Super clean, super clear and super transparent, better than rca clear top
Forward mids or very forward mids or slightly forward mids
If possible, thumping bass as well. And if possible strong bass. Bass is secondary though.

For this purpose which family do you recommend? 6DJ8 or 6922 or something else? which make and model? approx ebay pricing?
Can you recommend me my top 5 choices?
Thank You
Aakshey

Mar 8, 2016 at 12:40 PM Post #739 of 958
  This has been posted and PMed by an actual member:

Can you recommend me tubes which meet all these requirements:
They can be from any family. Whether you sell them or not. I can find on ebay if you want. Family or make doesn't matter. Just recommend the best for my purpose.

Neutral or slightly bright treble, shouldn't be warm. I don't need warm.
Extremely crisp, better than rca clear top
Super fast attack and prat, better than rca clear top
Super clean, super clear and super transparent, better than rca clear top
Forward mids or very forward mids or slightly forward mids
If possible, thumping bass as well. And if possible strong bass. Bass is secondary though.

For this purpose which family do you recommend? 6DJ8 or 6922 or something else? which make and model? approx ebay pricing?
Can you recommend me my top 5 choices?
Thank You
Aakshey

PS: I only want to spend 2 dollars.

Mar 8, 2016 at 12:45 PM Post #740 of 958

PS: I only want to spend 2 dollars.

Are you sure?

Here's what you can get for $15
wink.gif
:

Mar 8, 2016 at 1:59 PM Post #741 of 958
Haven't lived till you've seen the Jar Jar Binks rendition of that scene.

Mar 18, 2016 at 8:22 AM Post #745 of 958
The following wasn't intended humourously, but still brought a smile to my face:

Do usually warm sounding equipment that are warm take away detail?

What is the benefit of warm sounding equipment and what is the benefits for bright sounding equipment?

Think of it like water from your faucet relative to your body temperature. One hot and one cold. The hot would represent the bass and lower mids, and the cold would represent the upper mids and the treble. Your body temperature would be what is natural. When there isn't enough hot compared to your body temperature the water feels cold and you want to add some hot water. Too much hot water and you want to add cold.

Same with audio. If it's too cold you lose the weight behind the music. A bass guitar sounds flat and distant, male vocals lose soul, drum beats are like tin, and overall it can sound fatiguing. If it's too Warm you lose the sense of detail, the cymbals and high hats are not as clear, guitar plucks seem muffled, extra micro detail seems to be lost. It's about balance to make the whole greater than the sum of its parts to sound natural IMO.

Not everyone shares the same goals and sonic preferences though. Some prefer detail, detail, detail, and want a bright/cold setup. Some want to be bathed in a warm bath of bass. There is no right or wrong when it comes to what an individual wants, but there is also no debating what sounds like real life and what doesn't.

Mar 19, 2016 at 9:20 AM Post #746 of 958
  Thanks for your parable and enlightened polite  way of pointing out my errors and rudeness.
Mea Culpa.
I will try to behave in a more adult  and civilized and  gentlemanly way in the future.
Then again a friend of mine recently told me when  we were entering a washroom for men. Chris it actually says  gentlemen on the door but don't let that stop you!

Mar 21, 2016 at 6:09 PM Post #747 of 958

This is an odd DAP ad even by aliexpress standards
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/HIFI-fever-nondestructive-portable-music-player-DIY-FLAC-APE-MP3-WAV-192K-24B/32545234502.html?spm=2114.13010208.99999999.261.1K8ux0

Best marketing tagline ever "Susan can not help but burst throbbing purple cool, Jun listen to small to do a big issue."
and it runs rockbox!

Mar 24, 2016 at 2:01 PM Post #749 of 958

My missus was also quite pleased, she could accept the expenditure on HD800, CIEM's, Mojo, DX-P1 but when we heard what the price was for the Linn set up we were listening too, a hasty exit to the door with her dragging me in tow, funny how strong a 5'1" woman can be when required (says a 6'5" 16st Mojo owner)
dt880smile.png

Good God... I've dated an oriental girl who was 5'2" and felt she was tiny (and I'm only around 5'8" lol)..

Yes that's us

Except that she's the one with just the tash 
tongue.gif

"Only joking my love, no no please not the Mojo anything except the Mojo"
deadhorse.gif

Mar 29, 2016 at 12:33 PM Post #750 of 958

Opinions?

I always have an opinion, and since you asked...

USB is the way to get the highest resolution #s of all the inputs, but is horrible in its restrictions (driver, cable spec). Optical get the jitters, but for short runs perhaps not and digital coax is also cable sensitive.

this why super expensive DAPs offer all of the 3, or any combination of the 3 whereas a mobile  phone gives you one choice and it is as fickle as the hot girl you drooled over in high school but couldn't get anywhere with her

moral of the story... time for a new OTG cable and don't make it a cheap knock off

Users who are viewing this thread

Back