Funny argument over headphones
Feb 4, 2012 at 1:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

sneaglebob

100+ Head-Fier
I go to this youtube video that appreciates beats and i try to defy that by spreading the word about the crappyness. and so an argument erupts.
Seriously though, I find it silly for someone to say beats are the best on planet earth

Feb 4, 2012 at 1:37 AM Post #3 of 15
There are some good things going for the Beats, like the profit margins.
You get headphones that are seen in a lot of movies.

Feb 4, 2012 at 2:48 AM Post #6 of 15
Let them buy the crap they want (Beats) and laugh your ass off :wink:

It's not like they're forcing you to listen to their music/headphones. At the end, you know you have the better cans and sound.

I'll give the beats one thing though: They look pretty good imo :wink:

Feb 4, 2012 at 2:54 AM Post #7 of 15
I've noticed.... Ya'll do love to bash on the beats quite a lot. But you wouldnt go out to every single stranger with a pair of audiophile graded headphones that you take out to the streets and show them whats up. Assuming the place is quiet of open-backed. Beats are just the generation of adolescences, like myself, we still have a lot of things to explore.

Feb 4, 2012 at 3:11 AM Post #9 of 15
I have to admit that even after I realized they didn't sound that good, I still wanted them.  I mean, coming from my MDR-V700DJ, which are horrible for critical listening (or any listening that does not involve the DJ environment of cueing and loud monitors), I figured that I'd live with their shortcomings because they're really cool and give pop music a certain oomph.  To be honest, I even went so far as to defend this idea to people when I said I was considering buying them despite having better headphones.  I even thought I would DJ with them, and incorporate a headphone into my image that was not from the turn of the century.

Granted, this is before I started seeing them everywhere.  When they came to market I do believe that for a while they remained an item for the discerning stylish few.  I remember that in the beginning I would only see them on particularly stylish people.  We see how long that lasted.  They are now the flagship headphone of the brainless, and that much is true despite whatever counterexamples may exist.

And here I am again, weighing in within another Beats thread.  Ugh.

Feb 4, 2012 at 4:27 AM Post #11 of 15

Dunning Kruger Effect

Feb 4, 2012 at 4:35 AM Post #12 of 15
I find this funny. Just let the haters hate OP. I own a pair of beats pro. I think they're great headphones, and durable but not worth the $450 they ask for them. For the record i didnt pay that much for them. :)

Feb 4, 2012 at 5:13 AM Post #14 of 15
-facedesk-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back