Fun sounding IEM for <$250?
Mar 6, 2010 at 5:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

wnewport

1000+ Head-Fier
Title says it all. Originally I had settled on the ie7, but I read too many people say it was neutral. Now I'm looking at Klipsch and Turbine, but I'm concerned about durability with the Klipsch and Monster isn't really a brand I want to sport.

Thanks,

Wyatt

Mar 6, 2010 at 5:19 AM Post #2 of 9
FWIR, used IE8 may be a good choice for you, they are cheapest @ the UK btw
biggrin.gif

Mar 6, 2010 at 9:00 AM Post #5 of 9
HJE900 are fun sounding IEMs IMO without compromising on detail. Also FX500 are fun with great dynamics and good natural timbre. Both have somewhat agressive highs wich can be softened with an easy foam mod if necessary.

Mar 6, 2010 at 10:43 AM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by wnewport /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Title says it all. Originally I had settled on the ie7, but I read too many people say it was neutral. Now I'm looking at Klipsch and Turbine, but I'm concerned about durability with the Klipsch and Monster isn't really a brand I want to sport.

Thanks,

Wyatt

well i wouldnt really call it neutral, natural sounding yes but its certainly nothing like the neutral ER4 or RE0.

depends on what you want fun wise, the IE7 is not really very trebbly with its bass and mids. if you want V shaped the FX500 is pretty good, HJE900 is interesting too.

oh or look for a tf10 if they still going relatively cheap

Mar 6, 2010 at 6:15 PM Post #7 of 9
For fun sound under $200, it's hard to beat q-jays IMO. They are bright, very fast, lively and have a hard hitting, but very controlled bass response. They are especially great at conveying atmosphere in slower paced music. They also reproduce piano wonderfully.

Mar 6, 2010 at 6:28 PM Post #8 of 9
I found the TF10s to be quite fun, but for that price I would be expecting a more accurate sound signature. Hippo VBs and Fischer Eternas are said to be quite enjoyable at a lower price point.

Mar 6, 2010 at 6:31 PM Post #9 of 9
BTW, TF10 is not as fun as q-jays to my ears. Q-jays have much better mids IMO. Triple.fi lacks focus and sounds clinical in the mids. Q-jays also have better quality bass response and they are easier to fit in the ears because they are so much smaller.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back