Fun Changing s Flat Tire
Feb 4, 2007 at 8:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

john_jcb

This is a customized witticism.
Well here I was minding my own business reading about what is the best solid state amp and my wife charges up the stairs and tells me her passenger front tire is flat. She asks me if I can change it, hops in my truck and goes grocery shopping. Normally this would not be so bad but it is a bit brisk today. -20 to -30 F wind chill according to the news. It did give me a chance to try out a new pair of hunting boots though that I bought for trudging through snow. Well after getting on a pair of quilted coveralls and my hat and gloves I ventured forth and changed the tire after unloading the trunk so I could get to the spare. All went well and she took it to the shop to be repaired. I think I should have worn thermal underwear though as my posterior is still cold.

Feb 4, 2007 at 8:26 PM Post #2 of 9
It's good you were able to change it at home, rather than you or your wife having a problem with it on the road. Be thankful you didn't have to change it on the side of a freeway.

Feb 4, 2007 at 8:39 PM Post #3 of 9
when you said changing a tire I thought you meant the good old fashioned tire change as in pulling off the wheel, breaking the bead, spooning the tire off, and putting on a new tire yourself.
wink.gif

Feb 4, 2007 at 9:07 PM Post #4 of 9
-20 to -30 F!!! And folks think Canada is cold
tongue.gif

Time for a box of those hot pocket things...throw then down your pants, give a little wiggle and enjoy the heat!

Feb 4, 2007 at 9:10 PM Post #5 of 9
You've got to wonder how it went flat in your driveway. Maybe she picked up a nail close to home and it did a slow leak after parking. Changing a tire in that weather would suck. Glad it does't happen too often for me. I don't think I've changed a tire in 10 years.

Feb 5, 2007 at 12:04 AM Post #6 of 9
burrrr... that's cold

I bought AAA membership last summer because I thought I'd take the family on roadtrips during the summer (didn't happen). It's come in handy on a couple of occasions though. My wife's car had a flat while she was out shopping (nail in the tire). She calls me at work to tell me the news. I was too busy to leave the office so I called AAA and the guy got there faster than I could have (I was about 20 miles from where she was).

Feb 5, 2007 at 1:00 AM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by ken36 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe, both Illinois and Canada are cold.

Most definitely. It just seems many Americans forget that a decent chunk of the US is actually more northern than the most populated parts of Canada. When I read things like this I think of my friends in North Dakota, they have far colder winters than I have ever experienced. Sure I may be having a colder day here of there, but on average they just endure so much more abuse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back