Fully portable, fully around the ear headphones?
Feb 17, 2014 at 10:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Stuff Jones

1000+ Head-Fier
There seem to be very few fully portable, fully around the ear headphones. This means that for people like me who want to bring headphones to and from work or school everyday and wear them all day, there are very few choices.

There are a number of headphones that go around the ear for some people but not all (Momentums, Onkyos) and some full size headphones that fold a little but not enough for great portability (SoundMagic HP100).

The only two I can think of that fit around around most everyones ears and are truly portable are the NAD HP50s and the AKG 545s. Am I missing any? Why is this segment so underserved?

Feb 17, 2014 at 10:29 PM Post #2 of 2
V-MODA M100:  With the XL pads, the fit is completely around the ear for me.  It definitely wins for compactness.

Also, the B&W P7 is another model with large enough pads to go around the ear.  It does not fold as compactly, though.  I've tried these out at Best Buy and found them to be over-ear.

And what about the Audio-Technica ATH-M50?  Those are over-ear and fold as well.   There is a new model out with a detachable cord.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back