Fulla (by) Schiit - News, photos, thoughts, impressions, etc.
Oct 8, 2014 at 2:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Gilly87

Member of the Trade: ApeSonic
Looks like a real winner from Schiit, potentially...I'm very curious about how it will compare to the HRT microSteamer, Meridian Explorer, AudioQuest Dragonfly, Geek Out, etc. The price point is half or less of most of the competition out there; the only similar product in the same price range, to my knowledge, is the SMSL Fort, which is a solid product, but definitely not on par with the others listed. If the Fulla can compete with the nicer offerings, or even split the difference, it could be a game changer, especially if it's compatible with iOS/Android.

I'm really excited about these products: they make the world of audiophilia both more convenient and accessible for folks who would otherwise be stuck with their onboard PC/phone sound as a source. If anyone knows anything, share the knowledge!

Oct 8, 2014 at 7:34 PM Post #4 of 12
Agreed, this is totally some Schiit that I could see drawing people in. This, along with some good midrange open cans (Sennheiser HD5x8, DTxx0 32 ohms, AKG K240, etc) could really trigger the bug without breaking $300 for a full Schiity setup.

Quote:
  I'm anxious to see how good this is too. I want to be able to recommend some Schiit to my friends in this price range. Hopefully it delivers!

Oct 9, 2014 at 6:09 PM Post #7 of 12
Soo, do we have any spec sheet yet?

Oct 9, 2014 at 6:49 PM Post #9 of 12

The price point is half or less of most of the competition out there; the only similar product in the same price range, to my knowledge, is the SMSL Fort, which is a solid product, but definitely not on par with the others listed.

Also the e10k from fiio is around that price.

Also I think the SMSL is quite alot cheaper than the fulla, i think the SMSL M2 is more of a competitor in the price range :).

On that note, I recently bought the SMSL M2, and for 60 bucks, I thinks its really difficult to beat. Great bang for buck.

Oct 10, 2014 at 9:18 AM Post #10 of 12
I was thinking "under $!00" price range, but you're right, I hadn't heard of the M2 but it seems to fit the bill better. And yes the E10k is in there too., but I didn't think of it, probably because the form factor is a bit different. These new "dongle-style" combo units really interest me because they're small enough to dual-lock to the back of my ultrabook and basically become its permanent outboard soundcard, which is how I've used the microStreamer for the last year or so.

Quote:

Also I think the SMSL is quite alot cheaper than the fulla, i think the SMSL M2 is more of a competitor in the price range :).

On that note, I recently bought the SMSL M2, and for 60 bucks, I thinks its really difficult to beat. Great bang for buck.

Dec 7, 2014 at 3:01 PM Post #12 of 12

I have an M2 as well, and its definitely worth the money. I was considering waiting for the full but just went for it anyway. No regrets and it has a line out. Would you say the e10k is better than the m2?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back