Fulla (by) Schiit - News, photos, thoughts, impressions, etc.
Apr 19, 2015 at 4:13 PM Post #886 of 1,040
I overheard Jason hinting to a designer at canjam upcoming releases of equipment. Sounded like more powerful integrated items coming down the pipe (late summer?). Wouldn't be surprised to see them put out a dac. That would be great. Love their Schiit.
Quality for the masses!
beerchug.gif

whatever they are going to put out, it ain't going to be FULLA 2.  Jason told me in email reply that FULLA 2 is not planned for another couple of years.

Apr 20, 2015 at 7:18 PM Post #887 of 1,040
my fulla came in today.  spent a little while listening to it and will get more time later.  my first impression is everything sounds a hair clearer.  soundstage is also slightly larger than it was straight from my MBA headphone out.  sonic impressions will come with time.  however, the background is far from black.  slight improvement over the headphone out, but nothing to write home about.  there is static noise when i turn the dial.  the edges were sharp, but i rubbed a quarter along the edge and that dulled the edges quite a bit.

not sure how much of an improvement i was hoping for though.  i'm most disappointed with the lack of a silent background, but everything else seems to be an upgrade.  there's also almost a 20x price differential between between the fulla and what i'm using to listen, so i guess its not exactly what you'd call a "high quality chain."

Apr 20, 2015 at 8:44 PM Post #888 of 1,040
make sure you check the Schiit web site for tips on noise reduction!
jhv :beerchug:

Apr 23, 2015 at 11:19 AM Post #889 of 1,040
my Schiit Fulla well... **** itself...

all sorts of cutting out and buzzing all over the place whenever you even look at the dial.  
(i've tried 3 or 4 diff USB cables)

It's a pity, I was even thinking of upgrading to one of their other stacks. The QC issues are pretty major, it has lasted about 6 months.

They have not replied to my email message sent over a month ago. Pretty disappointing.

Apr 23, 2015 at 11:43 AM Post #890 of 1,040
So because yours failed you make a blanket statement of major QC issues?  You are well within the warranty period.  I'm sure they will make it right.

Apr 23, 2015 at 1:53 PM Post #892 of 1,040
Apr 23, 2015 at 8:46 PM Post #894 of 1,040
Hmmm, they usually respond much faster than this, they may be distracted with SoCal CanJam at the end of last month, and the final push this month to get Yggdrsail released.  I would email them again and next week after they get the last of the Yggy's out the door.

The failure of my unit is hardly an isolated incident, that's pretty clear. 

i sure hope they make it right, they are certainly taking their time though

Apr 23, 2015 at 10:20 PM Post #895 of 1,040

The failure of my unit is hardly an isolated incident, that's pretty clear. 

i sure hope they make it right, they are certainly taking their time though

I'm sure there are other people who have had issues, but to immediately say it is blanket QC issue is just egregious.  Every e-mail I have had with them has been responded to within a day so I would shoot another note over as they may have missed the first one.

Apr 26, 2015 at 10:27 PM Post #896 of 1,040
i'm thinking i'm going to return my fulla.  i think the background is actually higher with the fulla than straight out of my headphone out.  plus its beginning to make modem noises when sitting on the table.  i think i'll take the 15% hit (which comes out to be around 12 bucks) and use that money towards something else.  a bit of a shame.

Apr 27, 2015 at 9:09 AM Post #898 of 1,040
My suspicions are that most people are at home (or work) and enjoying this product. There are a few, which seem to have encountered quality control issues - I'm basing this guess on what I've read on these boards. I doubt Jason Stoddard is monitoring this thread to reach out to those individuals that are having trouble with the product. But from what I've heard, the support at Schiit is quite good. I personally have heard none of the buzz or volume scratching sounds from my Fulla. If you do, you should return the product for a new one or a refund.

Apr 28, 2015 at 6:31 PM Post #899 of 1,040
make sure that you read their tips on noise reduction. My problems disappeared when I employed a 3 foot cable to distant the fulla from the modem...
jhv. :beerchug:

Apr 30, 2015 at 6:51 PM Post #900 of 1,040
I overheard Jason hinting to a designer at canjam upcoming releases of equipment. Sounded like more powerful integrated items coming down the pipe (late summer?). Wouldn't be surprised to see them put out a dac. That would be great. Love their Schiit.
Quality for the masses!
beerchug.gif

Something that would make buying a Magni/Modi stack a bad idea?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back