Fulla (by) Schiit - News, photos, thoughts, impressions, etc.
Dec 23, 2014 at 9:46 AM Post #497 of 1,040
Wonder can this drive a Sennheiser HD700?

Dec 23, 2014 at 9:51 AM Post #499 of 1,040
Great to hear that. Hopefully it can squeezes out more juices from you HD800 :D

Dec 23, 2014 at 9:58 AM Post #500 of 1,040
 Anyone confirmed how well it pairs with TP50 Mods (MrSpeakers/ZMF etc)?

I just finished my first mod on a pair of T50RPs (will be doing more tweaking today to get it right), and would also be curious as to the Fulla's ability to driver these.  I should be getting my E10K in by the end of the month (hopefully sooner), and if it isn't able to drive them then I'll be looking at picking up something else.

BTW, is there anyone here who has tried the E10K with modified T50RPs?  If so, please share.

Allen

Dec 23, 2014 at 10:41 AM Post #501 of 1,040
This little guy drove my LCD-3Cs, which are 45 Ohm impedance and 91 dB at 1 mW sensitive, very well. I would predict it would drive most planars on planet audiophile just as well, or even better. Dynamics should be more of a walk in the park. Now, as to whether the sound is to your taste, will depend on your musical preferences of course.

Dec 23, 2014 at 12:54 PM Post #502 of 1,040
 This little guy drove my LCD-3Cs, which are 45 Ohm impedance and 91 dB at 1 mW sensitive, very well. I would predict it would drive most planars on planet audiophile just as well, or even better. Dynamics should be more of a walk in the park. Now, as to whether the sound is to your taste, will depend on your musical preferences of course.

Well that speaks volumes! 
wink_face.gif
 The T50RPs are rated at 98 dB efficient and 50 ohms.  Modified I'm assuming they drop in efficiency, as that is what I've experienced after doing the mods.  They seem to be a good 8 dB or so less efficient then my Superlux HD681EVOs.

I'm hoping the FiiO cuts the mustard for me, but if it doesn't I think I'll give the Fulla a try.

Thanks for the info!

Allen

Dec 23, 2014 at 2:31 PM Post #503 of 1,040
If I just want to control volume via volume settings in Windows and ignore the volume knob on the fulla completely, how much volume should I leave the Fulla on? 50% between zero and max? or just maxed?
(using a pair of sennheiser hd 600 if that makes a difference)

Dec 23, 2014 at 2:33 PM Post #504 of 1,040
     I received my Schiit Fulla 20 minutes ago! I have been using Sennheiser IE80's for a few months, but I recently got in on the $313 Amazon deal on the HD650's. I have been listening to the HD 650's unamplified straight out of my 2014 retina MacBook Pro ever since they arrived. The first song I listened to with the Fulla was a rendition of "It's the most wonderful time of the year" by the Pentatonix, off of a lossless rip from a CD through iTunes. I was completely blown away by how awesome it sounded. I'm now working my way through the rest of the album and loving it. I don't have anything to compare with, but that's probably a good thing because I could be completely happy with this setup for a long time. At one point I was trying to decide between the Fulla and a Magni/Modi stack, but I'm very happy with this right now, and it's portable. 
     In response to the criticism of the sharp edges, They are a little sharp, but it doesn't bother me. It also came with a nice little bag so you can transport it in your pocket without worry. 
     My one significant criticism so far is the volume knob. I with that it had subtle ridges on it because when my hands are slightly damp, I am having a little trouble manipulating it. For context, I am a 6'2" very slim guy with medium sized hands, but with fairly large diameter fingers, which are a result of being an avid rock climber. 

Dec 23, 2014 at 2:34 PM Post #505 of 1,040
  If I just want to control volume via volume settings in Windows and ignore the volume knob on the fulla completely, how much volume should I leave the Fulla on? 50% between zero and max? or just maxed?

I'm using a MacBook, but I don't have any operating system level software volume control over the Fulla. I can only change volume through the potentiometer on the Fulla or through iTunes.

Dec 23, 2014 at 2:51 PM Post #506 of 1,040

That should work but typically that is what you do not want to do as you can lose fidelity by decreasing windows volume - to get the fullest/max resolution I have always been told to max windows volume and control loudness with device volume.

Dec 23, 2014 at 6:28 PM Post #508 of 1,040
Dec 23, 2014 at 6:49 PM Post #509 of 1,040
Got my Schiit Fulla DAC/amp yesterday
Been using this tiny thing for a few hours
All the praise that has been said of it in the Head-Fi forum is correct
The sound quality is discernibly better through the Fulla than direct from the computer, even though my Asrock motherboard has the excellent Realtek BlueRay chip
Music from my ancient laptop played through the Fulla is chalk and cheese compared to direct from the laptop
Highly recommended

One thing I've noticed but I may be barking up the wrong tree
Driving the Fulla from a USB3 socket seemed to make the Fulla run a little hotter than from a USB2 socket
This would be logical as the USB3 power Usage is up to 900 mA, whereas USB2 power usage is up to 500 mA

My Fulla definitely gets very warm but not burning hot in either socket, I presume this is normal
Remembering that I'm in sub-tropical Queensland Australia in the middle of the southern hemishere summer and at the moment without the airconditioning on

Anyone else got a hot Fulla (I resisted the temptation to say: anyone else got a hot Schiit)

Quelch

Users who are viewing this thread

Back