Fulla (by) Schiit - News, photos, thoughts, impressions, etc.
Nov 24, 2022 at 6:39 PM Post #1,039 of 1,040
How does the Fulla E sound in comparison to the Magni/Modi? I will be driving Grado 325e or 225x exclusively. I really like the USB powered concept but if the difference in sound in going to be audible I will bite the bullet and buy a Magni now and a Modi later.

Nov 26, 2022 at 10:59 AM Post #1,040 of 1,040
Assuming you are talking about the most recent Magni+ and Modi+, these have significant updates that should not be overlooked. Modi+ has some recent tweaks to the filter, I'm guessing yet another step in the direction of what is planned for Schiit's in-house future D/S implementation. Magni+ reminds me a little of the improvements I heard in Jot2, a thermal stabilization that is worth giving it the time to come up to the right temperature.

Don't get me wrong, I like Fulla E. But it is way more of a don't care, just play me some music device. Switching to the Magni/Modi there's some sparkle, space to the music, and dynamics and engagement from the amplifier. If the price and obstacle of needing to plug in the huge brick don't bother you, there's a significant delta to the sound upgrade. And that's using an easy headphone like the Grado, currently using my HF-1 as I write this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back