Full-sized headphones that sound like the Atrio M5
Jan 30, 2012 at 3:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

scannon18

100+ Head-Fier
If I wanted to own a full sized pair of headphones with a similar sound signature to the Atrio M5 IEMs, which headphones (regardless of price) would fit the bill?

Sort of a weird question but I really really like the sound signature of the Atrio M5 (mg7 drivers)

What I'm really looking for in these phones that I find in the M5s:

Balanced, superbly extended bass that is undeniable in presence but also very tight, and somewhat warm.
Treble and mids that are laid back, but the treble still has tremendous sparkle.  Clarity is very important.

So, do any full sized headphones come to mind?

Apr 10, 2012 at 8:07 AM Post #3 of 5
Hey, I would have to suggest the denon d2000. It's just a superb headphone and does fit what you describe in your desired sound signature. They can be had for $210 shipped for jr.com if you call in.

good luck!!

Apr 10, 2012 at 11:41 AM Post #4 of 5
To be honest I think that the M5 and the Denon 2000s have a very different sound signature.  Granted, my description of desired sound signature fits both the M5s and the D2000s, but owning both I can say that they take entirely different approaches to sound.

Anyway I've stopped looking for a full sized headphone that sounds like the Atrio M5.  Now I am looking for an IEM that sounds like the Denons

Apr 10, 2012 at 6:48 PM Post #5 of 5
Does that mean you're looking for a bit more separation between instruments and some extra brightness in the treble? From my experience, I'd say that's what the IE80 is to the M5. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back