Full sized CLOSED Headphone for the office to satisfy the clubber (m100 vs d600 vs pro 900 debacle)
May 23, 2013 at 10:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

theothermike

New Head-Fier
I have been on the fence between these three headphones for the better part of 2-3 weeks researching tirelessly different reviews and different threads on here, even the recommendations thread. I'm ready to buy a nice pair of closed headphones to compliment my he-400 hifiman's and Im struggling hard with my purchase. I listen to primarily fast ambient deep trance / progressive house / and other edm genres. Id say thats 80% of my music. 20% being classic rock / indie / acoustic / metal / old rap and hip hop.

Im looking for a bass oriented headphone that i can wear in the office and not disturb people nearby about 8 - 10 feet away from me. Headphones that have a spacious sound with deep powerful aggressive lows much more pronounced than my hifiman he-400's which are a little too neutral to me. WHile they extend great they are emphasized enough for my music taste I have found. Im looking for something to get me into my music which as i said is foot stomping edm (trance and house primarily)

I want headphones that can be complimented by an amp but not necessary.

Comfort is important and Im willing to wait for the xl pads for the m100s if they fit the above better than say the d600 and pro 900's. Im mostly looking at the d600 and the m100 because I hate sibilance on the highs and ringing caused by treble. A phenominom im familair with from aftermarket car stereo's due to improper placement of tweeters (High fidelity car audio buff here)

Please let me know which you prefer and why.

Budget (max is $500)

Also provide some sources that are reputable for buying the said headphone you recommend as Im always cautious of counterfits and fakes and it puts my mind at ease knowing someone with a little more knowledge of this realm of audio has giving me a safe recommendation as far as where to acquire the headphones. Is amazon safe? is amazon safe if it is being sourced by someone else but fulfilled by amazon?

Thank you all!

Im mike, and here to stay at head fi. My audio addiction has transferred from car fidelity to head fidelity.

Mike-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back