Full Size, Unamped, Punk Rock, <$200
Feb 25, 2010 at 3:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

Kayzo

100+ Head-Fier
Upgrading from my ES7's , I'm looking for a full size headphone that will be used unamped from my Sansa Fuze with mostly listening to Punk/Alternative Rock . (All Time Low, We The Kings, Marianas Trench, etc.)

Thanks ! :)

Feb 25, 2010 at 4:32 AM Post #5 of 26
I'll second the Grado SR225i. Anything by Grado, really. But if you're looking for it to be unamped, I would probably stick with the SR60i or SR80i.

Feb 25, 2010 at 4:35 AM Post #6 of 26
3rd the SR225i.

Make some DIY C-pads (if you want). Info is in my sig, the link after the "MS1".

biggrin.gif

Feb 25, 2010 at 4:48 AM Post #7 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kayzo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Upgrading from my ES7's , I'm looking for a full size headphone that will be used unamped from my Sansa Fuze with mostly listening to Punk/Alternative Rock . (All Time Low, We The Kings, Marianas Trench, etc.)

Thanks ! :)

By full size, do you mean an open, earpad headphone like the Grados. Or are you looking for a circumaural, with some isolation?

Feb 25, 2010 at 5:10 AM Post #8 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by priest /img/forum/go_quote.gif
By full size, do you mean an open, earpad headphone like the Grados. Or are you looking for a circumaural, with some isolation?

Preferably circumaural.

Feb 25, 2010 at 1:49 PM Post #12 of 26
The MDR-V6s are a pretty darn good option. They're not hifi at all, and they're definitely not perfect headphones, but for durable, easy to drive, comfortable headphones, they're pretty good. I still have a pair, and they were my primary option for 10 years.

Feb 25, 2010 at 1:56 PM Post #13 of 26
Don't forget, for rock and more bass heavy music they can be the best headphones for daily use and if the Sony sound gets to you, they're the best. I was hooked for a while...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back