Full-size headphone transporting.
Jul 14, 2008 at 1:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

UnknownSouljer

New Head-Fier
Just curious, how does everyone move fullsized headphones from A-to-B?
Although I won't be moving my pair around everywhere, they will be transported at least a little bit.

In case no one looks at my profile, the pair I'm using are Denon AH-(M)D5000's which aren't exactly small, and even if I stuff them in my backpack (which I am VERY wary of doing) I know they will scratch easily and could possibly get damaged in other ways which is not acceptable to me.

Thoughts?

Jul 14, 2008 at 3:25 AM Post #3 of 22
Well that's why I got a pair that folds up very tightly.
tongue.gif

Jul 14, 2008 at 5:42 AM Post #5 of 22
ATH-W5000, Edition 9, SR-4070, SR-007, K1000 are all self-explanatory in this business =).

Well for the headphones I did transport, I used a pouch. That was mostly Proline 2500 and HD600, and the former is a foldable, so it made things even easier.

Jul 14, 2008 at 7:26 AM Post #6 of 22
That certainly depends on the 'phone:
* SR-007BL / 4070 >- the aluminum flight case they came with.
* K1000 -> the wooden box they came with.
* SR-404 -> I use the 4070 aluminum flight case.

Jul 14, 2008 at 9:43 AM Post #7 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by UnknownSouljer /img/forum/go_quote.gif

On my head or around my neck
tongue.gif

Jul 14, 2008 at 10:43 AM Post #8 of 22
I carry around my ATH-A900's wherever I go, and I use a plastic box with a clip on lid and handle that I procured, using the insite of the AT box that they came in, with lots of bubble wrap. Keeps them VERY safe but the size has warranted the purchase of some er6i's that I'm currently waiting on delivery.

Jul 14, 2008 at 11:09 AM Post #9 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by UnknownSouljer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Although I won't be moving my pair around everywhere, they will be transported at least a little bit.

In case no one looks at my profile, the pair I'm using are Denon AH-(M)D5000's which aren't exactly small, and even if I stuff them in my backpack (which I am VERY wary of doing) I know they will scratch easily and could possibly get damaged in other ways which is not acceptable to me.

Thoughts?

Travelling etc, I just stick them around my neck as if they have some higher purpose and just forget that they are there. Not an issue at all, unless you want to carrying your whole collection around your neck which might look a little odd..

Kiind regards

g_a

Jul 14, 2008 at 3:12 PM Post #10 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by malldian /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That site looks interesting.. what case do you have?

I have the 1400 for my pistols and a modified 1150 with a humidifier for my cigars.

Sadly, I don't yet have headphones which would warrant a nice case.

Jul 14, 2008 at 5:20 PM Post #11 of 22
There was another thread last week. Those metal boxes used to store CDs or Vinyls were quite popular. I used those for the one time i had to transport them, and they were every good.

Jul 14, 2008 at 5:39 PM Post #12 of 22
I know this is probably sacrilege but I transport my 770s from home to work in my Axio backpack. I loosely wind the cable around the band extension area. At work the cable sits on my desk and at home the cable is draped behind my table.

Jul 14, 2008 at 6:26 PM Post #13 of 22
Well I looked at some of the options yesterday, I'm not sure that I'll be able to use any of them. I was kind of hoping for something smaller and more transportable.

As for wearing them around my neck, they are really big, and not really good for turning my neck while driving... I think I'm looking for pouch like options that will protect about scratching. I don't think it is as necessary for me to have to worry about them impacting with anything.

Jul 14, 2008 at 7:01 PM Post #14 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Contrastique /img/forum/go_quote.gif
On my head or around my neck
tongue.gif

x2

Or, in my case if I really need to put it in a bag: I stuff the headphones inside a lined cloth bag and leave the cable outside, then wrap it in whatever large grocery plastic/paper bags I find lying around. Works well enough for me
cool.gif

Jul 14, 2008 at 9:17 PM Post #15 of 22
I use a hard injection-molded plastic case designed for airline pilot headsets. It fits my 780s, White amp, amp power supply and usb cable, and portable music player (Creative Zen). Gets some weird looks in the airport and on the plane, but it works pretty well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back