full size amp for e500s?
Mar 3, 2007 at 12:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

terance

1000+ Head-Fier
My e500's have become my head/earphones of choice, and i was thinking about getting a full size amp for them.

I have a total bithead, i have an xm3 on route to me atm, and i absolutely love the way that my total bithead sounds.

I have an adequate cabeling, so i can use an amp with mini or rca inputs, so. .

. . . any ideas?

i want to spend ~250 bucks, i will probably be getting rid of my baby stax (sr001/mkII) to fund it.

thanks again head-fi

-mattk

Mar 3, 2007 at 12:53 PM Post #2 of 4
this is the first time i've seen anyone buying a desktop amp for the E500.

Okay, my suggestion. You should try the discreet PPA v2 without the gain stage. It sounds very transparent and nice. Of course, STEPS is included
wink.gif

Mar 3, 2007 at 12:55 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by TzeYang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
this is the first time i've seen anyone buying a desktop amp for the E500.

Okay, my suggestion. You should try the discreet PPA v2 without the gain stage. It sounds very transparent and nice. Of course, STEPS is included
wink.gif

i wish i knew what any of that meant
blink.gif

is this a diy job? i don't mind buying diy, i like supporting my fellow head-fiers!

just as long as it doesn't hiss, i will be happy (and i can run my bithead into it).

Mar 3, 2007 at 2:22 PM Post #4 of 4
^
My apologies. My English is not very good.

Yes, the PPA v2 is actually a D.I.Y. amp. Don't worry, if it is built correctly, it should not have any hissing problems. It's a very underrated amp IMO. Not many people here appreciate it except the DIY junkies. The STEPS is a dedicated power supply and regulator.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back