Fubar III
Jul 25, 2007 at 3:58 PM Post #3 of 25
Fubar III seems decent, although... I do not like the dragon image on the front
frown.gif

Jul 26, 2007 at 9:57 AM Post #5 of 25
i actually have the Fubar II and the Battery II combo like in my sig..

id recommend it to anyone...

although i do wonder why they didnt make it a Fubar II + Cute Beyond seeing how the Beyond is even more popular than the Battery II

Aug 3, 2007 at 3:39 AM Post #8 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by balkanboris /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mine arrives tomorrow
smily_headphones1.gif
Will use it with USB/MBP and Ultrasone 7500. Will report back after holiday use.

please tell me how it turns out.

Aug 3, 2007 at 3:49 AM Post #9 of 25
Quote:

Mine arrives tomorrow
smily_headphones1.gif
Will use it with USB/MBP and Ultrasone 7500. Will report back after holiday use.

Yes, I would like to know as well. Thinking of picking one up, but not entirely sure yet.

Aug 3, 2007 at 4:05 AM Post #10 of 25
Quote:

Mine arrives tomorrow
smily_headphones1.gif

did you get the separate power supply as well. the site does say: "We guarantee the improving!" i'm sold.
biggrin.gif

Aug 3, 2007 at 2:53 PM Post #11 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by mADmAN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i actually have the Fubar II and the Battery II combo like in my sig..

id recommend it to anyone...

although i do wonder why they didnt make it a Fubar II + Cute Beyond seeing how the Beyond is even more popular than the Battery II

I don't understand the purpose of the Battery II. Why put a battery in a home amp? It doesn't look small enough to be a portable. Is the idea that it is transportable?

Aug 3, 2007 at 5:22 PM Post #12 of 25
i guess so...the cute amps are small..not small as in portable amp small..but small enough that u can still make room for them in ur bag.

heck...even with my DT990 in its case, i can fit in the amp/ the fubar...AND fit in some cables + a wall adapter
biggrin.gif

Aug 14, 2007 at 10:53 AM Post #13 of 25
Yeah the a cute amp you could stick in your laptop bag and take it to work easily, they're about the size of a wallet but taller. I figured I wouldn't use it like this though and got the beyond instead. But if you wanted to take it on a holiday/business trip/staying away from home the Fubar II + Cute would be a great setup to take with you.

The Fubar III looks like a great deal considering you get 2 in 1 for quite a lot cheaper than you get them for separately, and I think they're already a good deal separately =P Keen to see somebody compare the Fubar III to the Fubar II + Cute Beyond.

Aug 14, 2007 at 4:02 PM Post #14 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by scompton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't understand the purpose of the Battery II. Why put a battery in a home amp? It doesn't look small enough to be a portable. Is the idea that it is transportable?

I believe the battery is to provide a clean power supply.. Read it somewhere, maybe on the Firestone website..

I have the FubarII - would recommend it to anyone! A good DAC is a must for computer-as-source Head-Fier! and since the FubarIII is a FubarII with am amp, I can recommend it too!! only a small difference in price to the FubarII..

Aug 14, 2007 at 4:18 PM Post #15 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrispy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
please tell me how it turns out.

Due to a shipping 'hiccup' I have yet to receive it. Should have it in the next couple of days. The Canadian distributor was very helpful by the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back