Fubar II USB DAC came in
Dec 1, 2005 at 8:00 PM Post #16 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by dag655321
Do you need administrator privledges to install the Fubar USB DAC? I am thinking of getting on for use at work, but I do not have admin right on my laptop (Win2000).

Hi dag655321
When you connect the Fubar II, it will be seen as an USB speaker. No extra driver needed, plug and play.
I don't think you will need administrator privledge to use it.

Dec 4, 2006 at 2:53 AM Post #17 of 21
I am VERY swayed by the price point of the Fubar and I have heard that matched with a Headfive it really SINGS.....

but since I know almost nothing...

Is this worth buying to replace my X-Fi? If the quality is almost identical I would still consider buying it because setting up the X-Fi is a chore and I don't have the Output Console.

Dec 6, 2006 at 6:45 AM Post #18 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by strangemusic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am VERY swayed by the price point of the Fubar and I have heard that matched with a Headfive it really SINGS.....

but since I know almost nothing...

Is this worth buying to replace my X-Fi? If the quality is almost identical I would still consider buying it because setting up the X-Fi is a chore and I don't have the Output Console.

Would love an answer to this. I have the same rig--X-fi to Headfive.

May 27, 2007 at 5:53 PM Post #19 of 21
Well I have not heard an X-FI before but I have to be honest I love the sound of this DAC. I used to own an Audigy 2NX (USB soundcard) and this is miles ahead in terms of sound quality at least from what I remember. My Audigy 2NX just stopped working for no apparent reason.

I have mine hooked up to a Corda Headfive with HD570 headphones and it sounds awesome to me. Bass quantity seems good to me, it certainly has more of a punch than my laptop's integrated sound card and what I remember of the Audigy 2NX. Overall I think it's a great USB DAC solution for a fair price. It's never given me any trouble, it works great with any windows application or game that I've ever needed sound from. I use it for all of my computer sound and it does a great job.

May 27, 2007 at 6:29 PM Post #20 of 21
nice to see the Fubar getting some love here... i have the Fubar II USB DAC as well and i absolutely love them. sadly my DAC is started emitting alot of noise and i have to send it back to singapore for warranty. god knows when itll be back.. coz i havent even sent it yet
biggrin.gif
currently the A2ZS has replaced it and i miss the cleanliness of the Fubar sound
frown.gif

i also tried replacing the OPAMPS with the one originally from the Cute Battery II (OP2277PA & JRC5021G) and i actually kinda liked it. now all i need is for the Fubar to get back from warranty and i wanna shove in the 2107 opamps in them (which i already have in the Cute Battery II and absolutely love)

FYI theres a thread on Firestone Products HERE

for those who are itching for more detailed pix of them, u guys can view pics of mine in the same thread (same page) post #20 or if ur lazy, u can simply click *HERE*

and congrats to Veniogenesis for getting one of the best bang for buck DACs

May 28, 2007 at 6:39 PM Post #21 of 21
Cost me 130USD w/ shipping and tax. I think it should be a good upgrade from my Xitel HiFi link, but if I don't feel it's a good enough improvement, I'll definitely take advantage of the 30 day satisfaction guarantee.

I guess I'll compare to the Xitel HiFi link, but also the DAC in the Quad CD-P cd player/digital preamp, and see how it measures up...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back