front panel express, your experience?
Sep 24, 2007 at 9:44 PM Post #16 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by seroxatmad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Only problem is both top and bottom edges you can see marks were the panel has been held.

Mild sanding with sandpaper would take care of that nicely. I did that with my Mini³ panels.

Sep 24, 2007 at 10:39 PM Post #17 of 33
sry misunderstanding. i meant regarding the problem with my font, the letterering is large to the point that when even the largest engraving tool 0.6 mm is selected, i can see lines of black panel showing through into my white font. i can solve this by selecting one of the cutter tools instead of the engraving tools, and it looks fine now in the FPE program...but do the cutter tools just do exactly the same thing as the engraving tools? ie..im not going to end up with lettering cut ALL the way through the panel am i??

Sep 25, 2007 at 5:00 AM Post #18 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by el_matt0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sry misunderstanding. i meant regarding the problem with my font, the letterering is large to the point that when even the largest engraving tool 0.6 mm is selected, i can see lines of black panel showing through into my white font. i can solve this by selecting one of the cutter tools instead of the engraving tools, and it looks fine now in the FPE program...but do the cutter tools just do exactly the same thing as the engraving tools? ie..im not going to end up with lettering cut ALL the way through the panel am i??

No, your lettering is not going to go all the way through the panel. If it looks good in FPE it should look the same in real life, at least thats what it does when I use engraving. I cant recall if I ever used the cutter tool for engraving
though.

Sep 25, 2007 at 1:22 PM Post #19 of 33
k, that supports my assumptions. although i still may call to double check before placing the order. last FPE question. does anyone know how to insert lets say, a small headphone logo? im not 100% sure but i think this would probably fall under HPGL engraving (clueless about this), but of course i have no way that i know of to get an HPGL file of a headphone bitmap image or w/e. suggestions perhaps? i definitely have seen ppl throw such things on FPE designs in past.

Sep 25, 2007 at 5:13 PM Post #20 of 33
Quote:

k, that supports my assumptions. although i still may call to double check before placing the order. last FPE question. does anyone know how to insert lets say, a small headphone logo? im not 100% sure but i think this would probably fall under HPGL engraving (clueless about this), but of course i have no way that i know of to get an HPGL file of a headphone bitmap image or w/e. suggestions perhaps? i definitely have seen ppl throw such things on FPE designs in past.

Yes, you will have to use a HPGL file for that kind of thing. I know Steinchen had a file including a headphone symbol, but it doesnt seem to be available anymore. I'll see if I can whip something up for you.

Sep 25, 2007 at 9:29 PM Post #21 of 33
if you or anyone else could mrmajestic, that would be an absolute godsend - you have NO idea.

Sep 26, 2007 at 11:49 PM Post #22 of 33
any progress on an HPGL headphone icon anyone
frown.gif
? im still at a complete loss as to how to convert to hpgl without buying a 700 dollar program.

Sep 27, 2007 at 4:59 AM Post #23 of 33
Quote:

any progress on an HPGL headphone icon anyone
frown.gif
? im still at a complete loss as to how to convert to hpgl without buying a 700 dollar program.

Relax mate
smily_headphones1.gif
I will get to it.

Sep 27, 2007 at 6:56 AM Post #24 of 33
Quote:

im still at a complete loss as to how to convert to hpgl without buying a 700 dollar program.

I've often wondered about this also... is there a free or low-cost way to convert images in common formats to hpgl?

Sep 27, 2007 at 7:05 AM Post #25 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by JackH /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've often wondered about this also... is there a free or low-cost way to convert images in common formats to hpgl?

I dont know. I use Corel Draw for it.

Sep 27, 2007 at 1:50 PM Post #27 of 33
brilliant, thanks guys. search feature seems to be everyone elses friend but never mine
frown.gif
feel so left out....

Sep 27, 2007 at 5:32 PM Post #28 of 33
This is what I have come up with so far:

headphonelogos1.jpg

Its not meant to be as big as in the picture of course. This is with the 0.6mm engraving tool.

Sep 27, 2007 at 10:08 PM Post #30 of 33
heh! the new ones look awesome! can you send it to me? ygpm with my email. thanks a ton

Users who are viewing this thread

Back