Front Panel Express library of common parts?
Sep 15, 2006 at 5:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

randytsuch

500+ Head-Fier
I am planning on building a tube amp in the near future, considering a bamaslama, BCJ or Aikido.

I was thinking of using front panel express to build the top of my amp.

I downloaded the program they use, front panel designer today, and played with it a little.

Seems easy enough, but I was wondering if anybody had projects, where they had already made shapes for octal or nine pin tube sockets, hammond transformers/ chokes or other common hole patterns.

I could make it myself, but I am lazy, and it is easier to copy, especially if someone has already built an amp using these plans.

So, does anybody have anything to share?
It seems easy to make macros based on this stuff, and if there was a library of macros available for common parts, it would be really easy to layout a new amp.

Randy

Sep 18, 2006 at 2:20 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rescue Toaster
I used to have a nice collection, but I don't even have FPE installed anymore. Anyway, about 30 seconds with google netted this: http://world.std.com/~doyle/

Though I haven't downloaded it and looked, as I don't have FPE anymore. So use at your own risk...

Thanks.
I did try a google search, guess you are better at it than me
wink.gif

I downloaded the file, but will double check the macros before I use them. A quick check of the 9 pin mini looked good.

Randy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back