From PPL to DIY Community - PPL's Tube Head ! ;-)
Oct 18, 2004 at 1:17 PM Post #91 of 101
I think this thread is long enough without lots of posts indicating interest in a group buy that is not organized at the time. (no offense to any who have inquired)

Might be in all our interest to have a seperate thread for that, dont you think?
Keep this one specifically for project progress or for garnering input on certain options?

Oct 19, 2004 at 5:05 PM Post #93 of 101
id like this to get rolling, judging from the layout it doesnt seem to have all that many parts, i would initiate the group buy myself but i too broke right now to ship stuff to people, and i dont want to have people paypal me only to have that money pay off some bill somewhere that i owe hehehe, so who's up for shipping this stuff, were going to need a parts list, ill ask phil, how were going to do this since im not totally sure how its going to be put out there.

Oct 20, 2004 at 1:04 PM Post #96 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by BradJudy
Start a group buy? My understanding is that Phil hasn't even finished the design yet.

Exactly. It seems that 1/3 of the posts in this thread are "I'm in for a PCB, or a kit". I don't recall that ever being an option, but perhaps a seperate "interest thread" might be good, just to separate those types of inquiries or responses from the other posts regarding aspects of the design itself.

Any thoughts on this? I am otherwise planning on making a new thread and moving the "I'm interested" and "Will there be kits?" type of posts into it.

Oct 20, 2004 at 2:39 PM Post #97 of 101
agreed Voodoochile
TO ALL SUBSEQUENT THREAD-POSTERs: keep your kit/group-buy requests in your back pocket for now; once PPL is ready to proceed, we'll start a new thread. IN THE MEANTIME, 1) keep checking back for news, 2) post your interest in the DESIGN, your encouragement and your thanks to PPL here!

and to PPL:
please take all these kit/group-buy comments as they are intended: a resounding endorsement of the initial design concept. we wait on the edge of our seats.

Nov 26, 2004 at 6:04 AM Post #100 of 101
i think phils put this on the back burner till he gets his next solid state amp built ... one level below the proposed epoch amp, his phi amp as he calls it.

Jul 6, 2006 at 3:37 AM Post #101 of 101
dose anyone have the Schematics and PCB images for this amp? the server that hosted these is no longer so i dont have copies of these files and i would hate to have to design this again TIA ppl

Users who are viewing this thread

Back