From 225i to RS2i or RS1i?
Dec 3, 2009 at 3:18 AM Post #16 of 20
I see, what about people who heard both the RS2i and the RS1i?

I can only afford it if I put $350 on my debt card and $350 on credit.
angry_face.gif

Dec 3, 2009 at 3:26 AM Post #17 of 20
I have heard both, plus a bunch of older RS-1s, from brown headband to the serial number buttons. I dislike the RS-2, so I would favor the RS-1i. I liked all of the older RS-1s better than the rs-1i.

Dec 3, 2009 at 3:31 AM Post #18 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by roker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well I hope they do a second run of the HF-2 ... no sense in recommending a headphone that's probably gone up a couple of hundred bucks now in the 2nd hand market.

True... but it appears that the HF-2 is going for closer to around $500, so just an increase of $65, or so. Not too bad...

Dec 3, 2009 at 5:05 AM Post #19 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by HyperDuel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I see, what about people who heard both the RS2i and the RS1i?

I've heard both, but can't really comment too much about the RS2i because I only tried them out in a hi fi store. I did test the RS2i and RS2 side by side and couldn't tell the difference in that brief period of time, then went for the RS1i and could tell a slight difference right away. Basically, it sounded a little fuller and bigger, which makes sense due to the larger chamber. I then went to several hi fi stores and tested everything they had to the RS1i and decided that was the one. Wonderful can.
smile_phones.gif

Dec 3, 2009 at 6:50 AM Post #20 of 20
I "upgraded" from MS1i's to RS2i's. I was very very dissapointed, the RS2is just didn't get guitar tone right. Todd luckily took them back and recommended I tried the HF2's, he said they are really good. I have a pair due Fri.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back