"frightening" music...?
Sep 5, 2010 at 5:22 PM Post #2 of 25
I always scare my little one with this

This one i recommend which i use at the studio for our default background somewhat scary / weird scenes..

Sep 5, 2010 at 5:22 PM Post #3 of 25
This is pure madness, probably the result of some heavy drinking or smoking.

Sep 5, 2010 at 5:34 PM Post #4 of 25
Im not sure if I would call it frightening or scary, but mindblowing. I wonder what are they smoking really?
eek.gif

When I want scary music I listen to Wormphlegm or such, your standard torture horror soundstrack.

Sep 5, 2010 at 5:47 PM Post #5 of 25
For something with words, try the song "Prelude" by Roots of Rebellion, from their album "Surfacing"

"...the photographs developed long after the shutter blinked, burning evidence that I found as an observer, an accomplice with no culprit... These photographs where taken to ensure that something more than memory would survive of the drugstore presence... These are scratches on China, only visible when the light hits them wrong, and the public can see them for what they are... Here is to the knives..."

Sep 6, 2010 at 2:24 PM Post #8 of 25

Wormphlegm just sounds terribly horrific.  Kinda reminds me a little bit of Deicide... which lyrically was frightening in a strange way.  Not saying I'm a huge christian but hearing "open the door jehovah you whore" makes me kinda feel weird inside - like I'm doing something wrong.

But Wormphlegm is a little bit more dying your last breath... here is a vid if anyone wants to check it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZkOO8-A_mw

Sep 6, 2010 at 2:33 PM Post #9 of 25
Oh, that song is from their demo. I personally like their album more musically, but demo is definetly creepy as hell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvuOiQop_xY

Sep 9, 2010 at 5:58 AM Post #13 of 25

Quote:
The most scary album i've ever heard, Kronos Quartet - Black Angels. Painful listening, but brilliant.

The thing about that is the quality of recording and mastering.  Yes the music is very dramatic and can be hard to take, but the range of dynamics in this and most other classical music is 'stunning', to say the least.  While being true to a live performance, it serves to enhance the emotional and visceral experience.  The difference between pianissimo and a sudden forte can be quite shocking, even deafening if you're not careful. My wife hates it lol.

Interesting to see that people are still releasing stuff on cassette.  I thought that format died years ago.  Wrong again :)  It sounds like Aphex Twin had a baby with Ministry and it was raised by Gary Numan.

Sep 9, 2010 at 10:29 AM Post #14 of 25
This is "Osorezan" ("Mountain of Terror"), the magnum opus of the enigmatic Japanese group Geinoh Yamashirogumi.  The group consists of more than a hundred members, and apart from making music, they have been doing world-music research for decades.  Strangely, this group is almost unknown outside Japan.

Osorezan, Part 1
Osorezan, Part 2
Osorezan, Part 3

Don't believe in any urban legend; this group can and did perform this piece live.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back