Friend is a BOSE lover, help
May 1, 2006 at 11:40 PM Post #18 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vkamicht
Anyway, the only Bose product I have tried are the QC2s, and all I could hear was bass. That's it.

thats weird, my friend tried out the QC2 and he said there was no bass which is why he doesn't like it and prefer HD212

May 1, 2006 at 11:41 PM Post #19 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oistrakh
thats weird, my friend tried out the QC2 and he said there was no bass which is why he doesn't like it and prefer HD212

Well, I compared it to the MS-2, and I had to EQ the bass down a whole bunch just to even the phones out. It was very boomy for me.

May 1, 2006 at 11:57 PM Post #20 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by rodbac
No, they're not the best, but they only cost $10-20 and compete very well with just about everything under $100. Very good value.

Tell your friend the Triports are cheap phones that sound cheap and break a lot, that you have to pay a lot for (generally). They'll compete fine with phones in the $50 range, but get blown out of the water, Red October style, by just about everything you'll read about around here costing $100-$150.

Off topic:

These days it doesn't make as much sense, unless you're into intarweb-penis waving. In the old days of 500MHz P3s, a game and a few proggies could kick those CPUs in the balls, and you could realize huge improvements with OC'ing.

These days of the 3.0+ GHz processors, they're rarely, if ever, the bottleneck, so the inherent risks and general pain-in-the-@ss of overclocking a PC are rarely, if ever, indicated.

I did do a lot of it in the late '90s and early 2000s, though...
smily_headphones1.gif

For the first time, I tried out the Triport at a store yesterday. LOL.
They got the ergonomics almost right: very light, small, compact, comfy, circumaural, isolating, closed. They got the sound wrong: very very bland greyish. They got the price wrong (consumer's viewpoint).

However, maybe they got this market niche all to themselves: a small, very compact, light, very comfy, somewhat stylish, circumaural, isolating, closed headphone that never sounds harsh. I can't think of any headphone that has the same attributes that competes with it at the moment.

I wonder how it sounds amped? LOL.

May 2, 2006 at 12:52 AM Post #21 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by rodbac
No, they're not the best, but they only cost $10-20 and compete very well with just about everything under $100. Very good value.

Tell your friend the Triports are cheap phones that sound cheap and break a lot, that you have to pay a lot for (generally). They'll compete fine with phones in the $50 range, but get blown out of the water, Red October style, by just about everything you'll read about around here costing $100-$150.

Off topic:

These days it doesn't make as much sense, unless you're into intarweb-penis waving. In the old days of 500MHz P3s, a game and a few proggies could kick those CPUs in the balls, and you could realize huge improvements with OC'ing.

These days of the 3.0+ GHz processors, they're rarely, if ever, the bottleneck, so the inherent risks and general pain-in-the-@ss of overclocking a PC are rarely, if ever, indicated.

I did do a lot of it in the late '90s and early 2000s, though...
smily_headphones1.gif

Haha, AMD procs are worth overclocking and it's not very difficult actually.

May 2, 2006 at 12:58 AM Post #22 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anarchy965
Haha, AMD procs are worth overclocking and it's not very difficult actually.

In certain games and in certain people's opinions, yes. The question is whether it's worth the trouble for most things, and the answer now is "probably not" (I won't debate it with anyone who still enjoys it, though).

And yeah, "been there done that got the t-shirt" with the overclocking thing, so I'm well aware of how easy it is. The fact is that it requires you to adjust a number of things, and usually tweak them, in the BIOS, so let's not make it sound like it's got a control panel in Windows or something.

May 2, 2006 at 1:03 AM Post #23 of 42
There is a control panel if you install ClockGen. You don't even have to go through the BIOS to change voltage or number multipliers used, let alone the normal clock speed.

May 2, 2006 at 1:11 AM Post #24 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by mypasswordis
There is a control panel if you install ClockGen. You don't even have to go through the BIOS to change voltage or number multipliers used, let alone the normal clock speed.

LOL- I stand corrected. OC away!

May 2, 2006 at 3:11 AM Post #25 of 42
BASF -> "We Don't Make Many of the Products You Buy, We Make Many of the Products You Buy Better"

BOSE -> "We Make Great Products That You Should Buy, Because They Are Expensive, And Expensive Means Better"

May 2, 2006 at 3:54 AM Post #26 of 42
I'd use my Sennheiser HD 595 headphones (paid $135 shipped in excellent condition) anyday over the Bose Triports. In fact, now that I have the HD 595s you would have to pay me to use the Triports. I've done research on Bose before, and they are certainly not all they are hyped up to be.

OCing processors DOES make a difference. Also, processors currently ARE a bottleneck, not the video. Of course, if you have a Radeon 9800 or similar then the video card will be the bottleneck assuming it's paired with a nice processor.

May 2, 2006 at 4:04 AM Post #27 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oistrakh

Compared to the HD212, the DT770-Pro is bright.

May 2, 2006 at 4:11 AM Post #28 of 42
hey there
biggrin.gif
sorr about ur wallet

anyways, i was about to buy triports but got the V6's instead. couldn't be happier. got the KSC75's today and now i'm a beleiver.

i used to run a Northwood P4 3.0 @ 3.5 on air (39 idle, 50 load)

yep this is another expensive hobby, i did OCing, now doing audiophile, i have a '98 integra which is knocking and a '79 Rabbit Diesel which is "fuken broken" (bought that sticker today
biggrin.gif
)

May 2, 2006 at 5:13 AM Post #29 of 42
its amazing what marketing can do.... in my opinion everything that is SOLD is overpriced... but nothing more than my college books.... i mean if i have to spend a whole paycheck on ONE book...

Oh, headphones... right... i find for the most part choosing headphones is personal preference... if you can convince yourself that what you have sounds the best then for you it WILL sound the best

other than that... BOSE is overpriced (doesnt mean they are nessecairly bad... like the orpheus isnt bad... just more expencive then they should be... and dont worry im not trying to compair the triports to the orpheus... im not THAT crazy)

May 2, 2006 at 5:29 AM Post #30 of 42
When using a Triport you dont break the headband the headband breaks you!

They're overpriced, your friend will never agree with you. He paid the money, he will defend his purchase till his death.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back