freQ custom IEMs?
Oct 18, 2009 at 12:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

muxenle

100+ Head-Fier
their website says they are re-opening for the new year, and are currently not accpeting orders-- I'm assuming that message is current/up to date.

but what I'm wondering is what are the prices, or at least what where they before? I can't find them anywhere on their currently very limited site, and I tried e-mailing them and I got what I think is automated response saying exactly what the website is...

More so I'm intersted in the lower priced models that they have/had

Oct 18, 2009 at 8:05 AM Post #3 of 8
FreQ is pretty much gone. You should start looking for another IEM custom maker.

Oct 18, 2009 at 10:39 AM Post #4 of 8
They've been "retooling" for the better portion of a year and that started last year. It would be interesting if they returned next year and had some new things to make them stand out among some of the competitors that have sprung up between now and then though.

Oct 18, 2009 at 4:12 PM Post #5 of 8
okay that's what I was afraid of...

I ask, because from what I gathered they offered some pretty low priced custom IEMs...

*sigh* I really need to find a job....

Well, from what I've come across it seems as if the lowest priced customs fall in the range of 250 USD; anybody know some place that makes a lower priced one?

Oct 18, 2009 at 9:23 PM Post #6 of 8
You can get an Alien Ears AE1 single driver custom for $170 without extras. If you use ebay cashback you can get another $13.60 off (but you have to wait a couple months before getting the money back). Whether or not they'd be worth it over a good universal at that price point or any point below $250 is another thing.

When you bring up lack of a job, it's probably a better idea to just stick to universals at the moment. You're probably going to want to go big when you do purchase a custom IEM whose resale value is pretty low.

Oct 18, 2009 at 9:43 PM Post #7 of 8
well unless I get a large amount of money from out of the blue(well, their is a VERY small chance of me getting a thousand dollars...) I was going to have to be sticking with universals for a long time...time to start saving -_-

lets just hope the IM-590s I'm getting last me for a few years...

Oct 20, 2009 at 5:04 AM Post #8 of 8
dont bother about the freqs.. they're gone.. and with many comparisons here. they're not all that good in sound quality compared to some other reasonably priced customs..

to me.. ignorance is bliss... so i'm still enjoying my freqs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back