Free power cord (too good to be true)?
Nov 4, 2007 at 4:56 PM Post #257 of 433
Doesn't hurt to register now and try your luck. They're running 4 drawings of 25 winners each (100 winners total). I was in the first drawing and that was late October. They're probably on the 3rd or final drawing now.

Nov 5, 2007 at 12:09 AM Post #259 of 433
I received my Virtual Dynamics Power Cord 3 yesterday (11/3/07). However I was not able to pick it up from the front desk till today. I have read how heavy, thick, and un-flexible they are, however until you have it in your hand it is very hard to truly know. Click on the thumbnail below to view the full size picture.

Since I have very limited space I will have to remove all the music gear by my computer cabinet to install this cable. A job for which I anticipate I will need at least two hours. Chances are I will put it in service in a week or so. BTW, having only one cable and various pieces of gear where it will fit I have the dilemma of where to install it. Currently I am leaning for the CD Player since it is the first step on the music ladder.

BTW, I have also included two close-ups of the male plug which appears it is crooked. I wonder if that is by design or if a manufacturing defect, would any of the owners of this cable provide feedback. Thanks.

Nov 5, 2007 at 4:46 AM Post #261 of 433
it looks like a python.
blink.gif

Nov 5, 2007 at 4:34 PM Post #263 of 433
i got my power cord today. it is as people say very heavy and unwieldy. you almost have to rearrange your entire setup just to get in to fit in place, as the cord is going to fall/curve the way it wants to and no other. my Apache is at ray's being modded, so i won't have a chance to listen to it for a few days. that's good though as it will give me a chance to burn it in some.

Nov 5, 2007 at 8:37 PM Post #264 of 433
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
it looks like a python.
blink.gif

I agree
icon10.gif
Exactly my reaction when I opened the box this morning. Can't wait to get home and try my new python, excuse me, cable.

Nov 5, 2007 at 9:07 PM Post #265 of 433
Anyone know if a cable like this is good for a computer as well. Maybe help a bit with stability for highly OCed computers?

Nov 5, 2007 at 9:39 PM Post #266 of 433
Quote:

Originally Posted by shaolin95 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone know if a cable like this is good for a computer as well. Maybe help a bit with stability for highly OCed computers?

As long as you don't do benchmarks and rely on your "feeling" regarding the stability of your system, sure.
icon10.gif

You can talk to fellows on the net then abouth how much more fun CS is with your new cord, and that sure as hell there must be something about the cable that makes the builders of your cpu look like dilletantes.
cool.gif

Nov 6, 2007 at 12:07 AM Post #268 of 433
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i got my power cord today. it is as people say very heavy and unwieldy. you almost have to rearrange your entire setup just to get in to fit in place, as the cord is going to fall/curve the way it wants to and no other. my Apache is at ray's being modded, so i won't have a chance to listen to it for a few days. that's good though as it will give me a chance to burn it in some.

Power-cord burn-in? Oh my, I think I need to sit down.

Nov 6, 2007 at 12:34 AM Post #269 of 433
I'm sure I can find some good use for that monster.

I thought it was way past the last entry date, but the registration page still shows the offer (opportunity):

VirtualDynamicsSignUp_FreeCableHD.jpg

Of course I registered. I've visited the site and communicated a bit in the past and thought I was registered, but apparently not … 'til now.

Now I'll have to actually install the Oyaide SWO-XXX ULTIMO (2-tap) purple wall receptacle that's been sitting in a box waiting for my attentions.

Nov 6, 2007 at 12:48 AM Post #270 of 433
that's a different and new raffle.

looks like vd is trying to increase their presence - create a buzz about their products - in the audio community.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back