FREE MiniBox-D amp with all Westone 3 pre-orders at American Techpushers plus more!
May 10, 2007 at 10:39 AM Post #31 of 72
Hi Keith,

I am from Hong Kong and your offer is REALLY tempting. Two questions:

1) The postal code is required field. But we do not have postal codes here in HK. What do I put in?

2) How long does it take for the order to reach here? ...and I am assuming the package will be sent as a "gift" to get through customs right?

Thanks

May 10, 2007 at 5:31 PM Post #32 of 72
I'm curious about the amp as well, though the mini-E amp looks better and I wish American Techpushers bundled that instead :)
When folks get their 3, could they post comparisons w/ and w/o the amp?

May 10, 2007 at 6:24 PM Post #33 of 72
is it really necessary to add 12$ shipping instead of free shipping just for bundling the world's smallest headphone amp? the shipping for buying the headphone amp alone is 5$ for global priority, and isn't the hardcase that came with the headphones initially a lot bigger
smily_headphones1.gif

May 10, 2007 at 6:53 PM Post #35 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by forsberg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Keith,

I am from Hong Kong and your offer is REALLY tempting. Two questions:

1) The postal code is required field. But we do not have postal codes here in HK. What do I put in?

2) How long does it take for the order to reach here? ...and I am assuming the package will be sent as a "gift" to get through customs right?

Thanks

PM or Email me and we can sort it out and get you taken care off.

May 10, 2007 at 6:54 PM Post #36 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by eternality.pl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Keith what to do if ones country isn't listed on Your site ?? How to place an order then -- by an e mail ?? Also is it possible to send the Westones as a "gift" ?? ( Prolly not
smily_headphones1.gif
)

What is your country and yes we do mark as gift.

Keith Ashwood
American Techpushers

May 10, 2007 at 7:00 PM Post #37 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by kenyee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm curious about the amp as well, though the mini-E amp looks better and I wish American Techpushers bundled that instead :)
When folks get their 3, could they post comparisons w/ and w/o the amp?

How can you complain about something given for free? Take the Minibox-D and LIKE IT!!!!! Or pay the difference for the E...

May 10, 2007 at 7:30 PM Post #38 of 72
I think I prefer the MiniD, actually... I already have a couple of decent portable amps, the main attraction of the MiniD is its novelty as an ultra-thin, compact amp. The Mini-E looks more like a standard portable amp, not much there to distinguish it from the crowd (aesthetically speaking).

Of course, how it performs is an entirely different matter -- but since it's free, I get to indulge my "frivolous" concerns, like looks.
cool.gif

May 11, 2007 at 1:48 AM Post #39 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by sgprater /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think I prefer the MiniD, actually... I already have a couple of decent portable amps, the main attraction of the MiniD is its novelty as an ultra-thin, compact amp. The Mini-E looks more like a standard portable amp, not much there to distinguish it from the crowd (aesthetically speaking).

Of course, how it performs is an entirely different matter -- but since it's free, I get to indulge my "frivolous" concerns, like looks.
cool.gif

Yeah I agree. The minibox-D's size is the selling point. But whether I hear a difference is another story. I have the pa2v2 and I need to listen HARD to hear a bit of difference using my 5 pro's, which means when I'm on the road, there is no difference - so I ended up using the pa2v2 just at work. Sooo, in a way, this amp is really just a novelty.

Now I'm debating on whether the $12 extra for shipping is worth it for this amp, since earphonesolutions has free int. shipping.

Or, I can just walk in to the HK's Westone dealer and buy it that day, saving me the worries that the package might be damaged / lost....

May 11, 2007 at 2:05 AM Post #40 of 72
Quote:

Yeah I agree. The minibox-D's size is the selling point. ... Now I'm debating on whether the $12 extra for shipping is worth it for this amp, since earphonesolutions has free int. shipping.

Or, I can just walk in to the HK's Westone dealer and buy it that day, saving me the worries that the package might be damaged / lost....

Of course, you could always sell the MiniD (of course, you'd probably have to pay int'l shipping all over again, so you might come out with a net profit of, oh, say $10... enough for a small coffee in Hong Kong?), or simply give it away as a gift to some poor sod who still listens to his iPod on stock earbuds.

May 11, 2007 at 9:11 AM Post #41 of 72
As I found out really quickly some people have wanted to upgrade to the Mini-E amp instead. You can upgrade if you so wish just contact me for the details. Supply is short on these so it may delay shipping.

Keith Ashwood
American Techpushers

May 11, 2007 at 2:17 PM Post #43 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How can you complain about something given for free? Take the Minibox-D and LIKE IT!!!!! Or pay the difference for the E...

LOL. I didn't know American Techpushers was nice enough to let people pay for the difference for the E. I'm also curious if if anyone has tried or will try both D/E w/ the 3? I'd guess it won't make much difference w/ a Rio Kharma or one of the newer iRiver products...

10 more days until we find out how people like the 3 :)

May 11, 2007 at 5:55 PM Post #45 of 72
Quote:

Now I'm debating on whether the $12 extra for shipping is worth it for this amp, since earphonesolutions has free int. shipping.

Isn't shipping also free from americantechpushers?

From the website:

"As always we will have free shipping for both domestic and International orders!"

Edit: I guess there's two pre-order pages (here and here), and only one offers free intl shipping. Hmm...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back