[Free!] I'm stuck in my Apartment
Jan 15, 2009 at 8:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

xnothingpoetic

Headphoneus Supremus
Thought I'd share my troubles for your entertainment. .

So I'm currently stuck in my apartment- unable to leave. I can't leave to go to class or to get my much needed groceries because, like the fool I am, I can't find my keys!
mad.gif
If I leave, the door will lock behind me, and its -27F with the wind chill outside.

I turned the place upside down for them but to no avail. I normally leave them on a small table next to the door, but I have a leathermen on it and needed to use the "screwdriver" on it because I couldn't find a real one (lost as well
redface.gif
).

I told myself I would put them right back on the table because I knew something like this would happen. Oh well, at least I have my music.
normal_smile .gif

Time go look in the trash can...

Jan 15, 2009 at 8:38 PM Post #4 of 20
Ouch, that sucks!
frown.gif

Sure hope you find the keys, or that there are some spare ones relative easily available.

Jan 15, 2009 at 9:01 PM Post #5 of 20
I just hope they are somewhere in the apt. because if they're not, then that means they were left in the door- and there not there, which would then mean someone else has a copy to the place.
ph34r.gif

I doubt that is the case though, because there is only one neighbor that goes by or can even see my door- and he isn't the type to take my keys. Plus I'm almost positive I never left the room after I used the screwdriver on them.

Jan 15, 2009 at 9:30 PM Post #6 of 20
I found mine in the middle of the street once... they fell out of my pocket. I'm lucky a snowplow didn't come by. :|

Good luck!

Jan 15, 2009 at 9:57 PM Post #10 of 20
I put keys in the cupboard once. Naturally, I spent about 3 hours tearing my apartment apart looking for them and nearly had a heart attack. It wasn't until I went to get some cookies (to cope with my stress) that I saw the keys sitting there.

I hope you find your keys, though.

Jan 15, 2009 at 10:02 PM Post #11 of 20
Tape the latch down so the door won't lock when you close it. Won't be locked but there won't be many people out looking for unlocked doors in that kind of weather.

Also, do you have someone who could stay at your place for a bit while you ran to the store?

Good luck - I hope you find your keys.

Jan 15, 2009 at 10:02 PM Post #12 of 20
Wow I looked everywhere for them (including the coffee grinder)- and I finally found them!!
smily_headphones1.gif

I used them to open up one of my Audioengine A2's and I looked just about everywhere else, so I thought maybe I closed them up in the speaker somehow. I picked it up to jiggle it to hear any keys rattling inside and I accidentally knocked over the stand (that has a semi-hollowed out bottom) and there I saw my keys just sitting there. How'd I leave them under the stand- no clue, but I'm happy I got my freedom back!
normal_smile .gif

Thanks for the luck you guys sent me.
tongue.gif

Now I have a mess to clean up from tearing the place down. .

Jan 15, 2009 at 11:20 PM Post #15 of 20
congrats!..so hows Audioengine A2?

boom box or clean mids?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back